I’ve found that if I place any device, like a VSTi or MFL device in an instrument rack and set a Live drum device in parallel the note-names of the parallel device are shown in the clip view, even if the drum device has the on/off button set to off.
This does not cost any cpu. But you end up with a maximum of 8 automatable parameters.
1. Create a Vocalesce or any other instrument
2. Group it using Ctrl-G or right-click -> group
3. Show the macros
4. Show the parallel instrument screen
5. Drop a drum rack on the instrument screen
6. Set On / Off to Off
6. Drop empty clips (silence.aif / silence.wav) on the notes you want to use. Then rename the clips to the text you want to see
7. Create a MIDI clip
8. The labels will only be seen in the folded view