We’re experiencing an unexpected issue on a machine with OSX 10.5.8 installed (MBP Core2Duo 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM):
– I create an object whose stucture size is > 16368 (a value found by trial and error). This object at some point calls object_post(), or object_warn(), or object_error(), passing itself as the function’s first argument as usual.
– I create three instances of the object in a patch (one is not enough, didn’t test with two…)
– I have object_post() called.
– I close the patch without saving
– I double-click the Max window line printed by object_post()
– Max crashes, see the attached crashlog
This can be easily tested e.g. by artificially inflating the plussz structure, and placing object_post() in the new method – but the problem arises with any other method.
On another machine with OSX 10.6.8 the bug doesn’t show up.
Now the questions are:
– can anyone confirm this bug? does it happen on this specific machine only, or on other Leopard machines as well?
and, more importantly:
– the fact that Max doesn’t crash under Snow Leopard is just by chance, or can we be confident that with higher system requirements we are safe?