I could not really find an answer in the documentation neither in the forum (well hard to find the good keywords for my issue!).
- I open my M4L patch for editing,
– MAX/MSP opens and shows me the presentation page
– in the presentation page, my different modules, live dial, live step, etc… are PRE FILLED with data :-(
– This should be okay as I have set a lot of "initial values" to ON.
– the issue is that MAX/MSP do not fill with the initial values I pre defined in the "parameter inspector".. rather MAX/MSP fills it with "random" values …
I don’t know why?
I would like that all the values are either empty (Live.step) or live.dial are set to their "initial values (80 out 127) I pre defined.
Do you know what I am doing wrong, how can I setup MAX/MSP ?
Unfortunately the initialization details of M4L devices are not well documented. But as I understand it, the "initial values" are used only if you load a device from the browser into the Live set. Otherwise the last saved values of the Live set will be used instead.