[in 1] [in 2], etc?
For adsr~ in a poly~, you could study Chris Muir’s stupid synth (download there : http://www.xfade.com/max/examples/ )
Otherwise, feel free to send your patch in its current form.
i tried the ways of making a subpatch basic waveform, and importing in in 4 instances but there was a problem with notes seemingly clashing and creating composite frequencies.
and tried the way of using the poly~ object and making a sub patch with a thispoly~ patch.
i will check out that synth for reference, anyone got any subtractive synths i could look at for reference to help me out.
thanks for any help or advice.
"a thispoly~ patch"
This doesn’t make sense. [thispoly~] is a Max object.
Is the poly~ tutorial (MSP tutorial 21) crystal clear?
I would suggest:
1. make a simple subtractive synthesizer
2. make a simple synth using your basic subtractive synth for your poly~ voices. for instance, imitating the simple_poly in MSP tutorial 21.
3. maybe improve it using mute message, like poly_using_mute in the same tutorial.
4. check out stupidsynth that I mentioned earlier (it’s a little hard to begin the study of poly~ with it, without studying the tutorials first).
5. you shouldn’t need target messages and such for such a project.