polybuffer~ in standalone
I designed a patch that uses polybuffer~ which runs fine when the patch is run from max.
When I build it as a standalone, the polybuffer~ is not found, it becomes a red-ish "bogus" object.
Why is that?
I tried including it from the "build" panel, but with no luck.
How do i solve this ?
Thank you in advance.
Anyone had that problem before ?
I’ve got a patch which uses polybuffer~ that I’m working on at the moment. If nobody replies I’ll try and make it into a standalone and see if I get the same thing.
You should add your system and Max spec details to posts like this, as that can make a difference – are you on the latest Max version for instance?
I have Max 6.1.5 on a mid 2009 MacBook Pro, with OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
I build the standalone on my Windows PC also, and polybuffer works fine. So this is a Mac problem i presume? It’s not that the object malfunctions, but is not detected, like it doesn’t exist.
But i get now error on the standalone max window "polybuffer~ not a object".
If any one has an answer i would really appreciate it!
I don’t know if it can help but I’ve had a similar problem. And someone give me this solution:
<code>-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 1301.3oc6Y01aaaCD9yN+JHb9pCMIO9ZGv.FVvv9RF55v9zRQfrMSrZskLjj SSWQ+uuiz101M9EYGYi0sh.3XQQJd2idt6dN5OcQq18xexW1l7JxeQZ05SWz pUbnv.slecq1iSdp+njx3zZm4+Pdu20tyraU4epJN7n7jA8RxdXwMtOOqJKY rOdyepHMYzh6jOsZjup5iS7y111wkQd67amMcbZFNg3twW4oUl92wUv4TlSv 0hkKX1ibsULIop+vzrGtqv2uZ1FYkTgvZzcHFEk0gnTTkwxM1NDtix9hEjNH ZznWdkf0NL1mu3hvGcdYPTA4R1cuYZVU5X+qSpFdDP0VfIVSBSfRPUVmR65P DJCU6LFkDwHAP4Nqvo2AdojmH.6eofkvZoNNtPNBJHgx5rJABbNGkykR9t3V FSChUkDz5Fde9nA9h8iUuvfL1NXO.PsBsBPOGjNpwYPDoCQiDIAiyM6BPbGC fzOe7XeV0yPjz6I375PpF5yH2Fr0g219pq9wpgokQCeIPMJMy2OGIZgEJNRz q3gdQrgtQBFiJ.Fy4NT7TZYTjHg4svnQgMFMFhL4BGUXAFBshsgmRQCimkUI YCRFkm4mCqSK8HzV5wQmLYFB+sFlxDTigwMHPxk.VQP6zpcApxlDT+4g99um fP6GymRRJ7jhoYnwRRVAqI4E30Q+f7gzpgAZ8FQY3DgxVGvTvAixJGEL.OxV wLAbqVYkqix3W2BJqOFTdrurL4A+yP4aaeSR+zrp7xgje85W08OK8Ekc8iRy q7cu1W99p7IcuN8Qbz6tI4oa9iW28WPmziqBcJe2svpgFqljXC.ukZzZkybv 0u0gWjDfYoh4Ie4RKUAJcnxDH2FjaavxQUCKl1bkraTYfqVgRfYBbR7OH7cp gq.GeWxaXMIs7Gts.mGYkzmaQg3Yj0gg6JijCvQR6DbfpMRvDJzyUTi0XiQ5 rsAo5Fk18rZ6GBL0oAYfh5IZTHjT9b7RC3vRGysKFncg4Wl73BC+xeKX5q47 H6J7wk+d3SjfMaDxaaP56jFsGlsQFkBEveIxxELMkgQtJjEBbJFsCLLbmq2l JTQSJK2OhvH7isq3NK++VfM3fIlPM6lwZnndcYfLp4HGUaD6T7t9DjZ7AeUw rzganUvuExJtFhx3nfUNHP1mEyLpAMH2QlQi8+f8Gt7PXVUfRM5Nj2jkIH8H 8dowjmgBEKAKtPS4.iqBkIzXWffcmsRy+t74iT97RLWXv2a3yPDNDG.CXcBI StcEzf7+cJYBMVHXfy3lc5DFdjVVGgLhuqiY+jwUwWNJv1pspXtyZniAVkMF mQL76qNr+3lFFecfqLeZQ+Ed57SBuCY4FMvWVklkTklms5j3qMogoCF3yVsf vfzxjdi7QqjswWgMq8fkPOaFTv246yff8XOiSGLIGS0Vt38O9hVHTwtoTZJR DjtPC8JC0rfW7kwWt4MqWsOXFS7cPdkCnl4k0TXNClkENinMM5oviD038Tzi 302iBmhnlasgeaDrEMp0Iff1NQHxWf5+jqN9ovqf5DNHNeQCpZEeJsGFNCRf BK90EXJJJI2YPo0RGVlATZoZ0wOE3b87Ki6Lhzx5XQekceZsHacREdNsHinV XzYrZA1tbcvH8Y1h1Oy9LlCwXpkEc9vHnNgZGqFnYRzRlLIzG07GYzRPUruK uHbotS7xzrYWFEN1tv+X5h4GEe1No.0QVghHmVLSH6S1vgyf6ymu3ejykWeJ -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
the problem i have is not a path related one. But thanks for your reply.
And if by someone you mean "korax_ole", I am actually flattered, cause that’s me! So, I am glad you found this useful!!
Ok, I just tried building a standalone and it’s working fine for me. I’m on Max 6.1.4 and OSX 10.7.5, so maybe it’s a bug with 6.1.5 on Mavericks. If it’s possible and helpful I could try to build your project on my machine for you. Perhaps you should get in touch with support though, it may just be a bug. Fredud – what version of max/osx are you on?
Yes , very helpful, thanks a lot
Thank you Mark for the offer, but it needs to be 6.1.5 on Mavericks, cause it’s going to the Mac App Store. I will contact support, and let you know!
Thank you again, for your answers!
Ok, no worries. Let us know what the problem is for the record.
Make sure the standalone object has the "extensions" attribute checked. polybuffer~.mx* uses the polybuffer.mx* located in the Cycling ’74/extensions folder.
Yes, the extensions are checked.
I was building an mxf of the patch, and replacing the mxf inside the .app build from a previous patch version. Both max 6.1.5. with extensions included. The polybuffer.mxo was present inside the support/extensions/polybuffer.mxo, but was not found from the replaced mxf.
Rebuilding the project/patch anew, seemed to work OK.
Forums > MaxMSP