i wrote a c++ external for max 4.6 a while ago… now i wanted to use it in max5, but with no success, no error message in the max-window nothing… just a light-red bakcgrounded object without any in- or outlets.
so i pulled out all the code to make an empty external just posting a string on init. compiled fine, but in max its just a light-red backgrounded object with no in- or outlets, no error in the max-window… compiling the external in debug-mode i get this error in max-window on external-init:
Error 87 loading external io.iocontrol
I would try downloading the latest SDK version and then use the "collect" example project as a template. You could simply add your source file to it, rename it, and build. Hopefully that will get things on track…