Realtime Vocoding with Polyphonic Midi Keyboard
I’m trying to create a patch which harmonizes with my vocals via adc~ when I play the corresponding notes on my midi keyboard. So far, I’ve created a basic vocoder and I have four individual monophonic channels.
I tried to use the poly~ object according to this tutorial:
but I come into trouble when I try to alter the sound source for the polyphony, because the abstraction ‘synth_voice’ is unable to change in realtime.
Is there a way to achieve this? I have the vodocing done, and the midi polyphony. I just need to use them together.
PLEASE HELP : (
I have attached the main vocoding file – ‘MachineKeys.maxpat’.
The poly file and its abstraction ‘synth_voice’ are below:
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 401.3ocyT10SBCCEF95QB+GZ50nYsCgfWo+NLDRY6HTcqcYsn7Qje6118QlB SFLi3M6jb56RedeOscW+dd34x0fBitG8DxyamoimqmsiWYCObBacXLS4DhEv 6x4ufGTrlFVqc8SyfTPDgR3QbgTCUJdVJzBVB3T8XFmEWsTJSGtjKVLKCB04 XPn925O.QFcmq3GXK1dnok+kXUBWDCZGOjxt7H2FXX6l.bMoxU5CzZQRw25P hPM6PQ+bs5MoPNLXLZpaoO52yVMkAcOnjwa1iTaD5kydSxCAiYQOnz.KFQ5X pMIO0FO7BRMBsgXid1wlhuPXAtaAHrMhEtuE1dnuy1Cq91fqoGw0SZvz9+9y cV3qcb7F3bXv3SLcOlOo+quSXevfK5X5TbJXzkb1ugzI3rSGtPaO2WqbPbky ENlKN3sWm6rK7sPTIWkEVtEEOwgpYvHPo4BllKE0DYuQWW0RdTD3DTwu405T ogxBP9oQaqYi1F1BtJnYlyHxoPi9UQ+gn42FztBoVqlnS5La1Flxm7GYlWN -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 543.3oc0V1sjZBCE.9Z5L8cfIWasjDPzd29bzYGmfD0rCjvPh651c59r27CX Ys5JKfx1KzCyIQ3iOy4j7xW+hGHQrmJA9+v+m9dduny3YyYx3UmvCjS1uJiH sSDvoOIRd.LoZLEcuxlWrS8pO7P90BthSxo1wtqjQxNLTAQsZKiuYYIckx8v CilFLwGiCLgvPy2H8092W+a36xY7Lpxx.rNKK08nSd3avYfFyUCS8jCZRjj8 KKQPzzC4kjGooK02CMMKIJUIKYmxYEOmDbS72UWTE0gICgz5oyPycpKtKNK5 +Qmste9B47EZZz65Kzo7E7L9BdIe4lq54BpiEv5LAQy08Ctcnoanu1QCMyV9 AWD08pvfyXHzG1PID9Fvjp3UPTpsLYgH64tJKXPUOq4lPz7NXqEClrXbkwUl vUPULdOaRAcpJnKqnFrRNveepiY6quqoLdZ+VzAQtMJgWPnmpIV7m+dXjTYY OKKgyrgX7ELTzILz4NIQ3G1PR1FtA2lWY+bEjVtRzucFqVTg6Re+vgrJcvUi 7IRQuTiaiQ7hNTtguI83c.AxX7+4371WJy.GYNoXW4p56c0xd+FuYoTohwIJ lf2XRvil0VVZJk+lyLlyRKDZJq.489+r0rYN4UKfKZbfKnUvAGE3BaMavaNa 31vV7nnM7aExoQKbbVt0FqgGEzl0Fqcb4xMjMzkXawngVvmSzhaCZ8eOASBc 3O.TWVQV -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Why is it that no one ever responds to my posts? : /
it only seems that way because of your impatience;
I checked your profile, and only one of your threads stagnated for a while – I’ll look at this later when i’m free; it sounds simple enough
yeah, your [robot] patcher is missing, can’t test this
can I also suggest that you strip these patches down to the bare minimum needed to demonstrate the specific problem you wish to solve.
Hi. I’ve solved my problem and I’m now working on other features. Some creative (debatable) use of ‘poly’ and ‘route’ helped me! I’ll post the files up for you to judge anyway!
I’m now moving on to the use of the midi pedal, pitch bending, and altering the processed voice. I may use gizmo~…
Thanks for your help : )
Forums > MaxMSP