Routing problems in Live
I had a great expectations for Live9 with M4L, but for now I feel rather disappointment for the money I spent on AL suite upgrade. Also despite that I tried to study and understand M4L object model, I still feel that for me as non-programmer M4L is pain in the a… also in my area there are no Live user groups or trainers, no one to ask something about live or M4L, so I hope maybe I can get some help/explanation here before I completely give it up on M4L.
So my problem is that I trend to use lots of midi vsts on my projects and thus I’m ending up with lots of dummy tracks to just route midi output from midi plugin to correct input of multitrack vsti such as Omnisphere. I spent whole evening today with M4L, but only thing I was able to find was the method how you can select (get id?) live track, live device and parameter for the device, but not the input for the device. In tracks i/o section it is perfectly possible to route tracks output to some input of multitrack device. Is it possible to achieve this with M4L? Is it possible to route midi output data from one devices output to another devices input with M4L device?
Here is the illustration
whoops misread your post, my previous comment was not relevant
look in the live object model under tracks
this should get you started:
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 1384.3oc2Zs0aaaCE9Y6eED5oF.WCdUWJFFPR6FPdHaEXOtVXHKyFqNYICI5 L2Vz+6S7PoFaOZKEGGZu8foMuHdN76bgejxea3.uoEqkUdn2f9SzfAea3fAP S5FFzTef2h30IYwUvv7VHqphuW5MxzmRtVAs+14iQDjtjBkLnjCkBnzGJCfx PnLBJIXyWlmlXdbh44IlIfXlAheqXyRykIEqxAYyaZLcFnIES+7q471QtrTV IyUwpzh7IkxDkYwRH9AiCDiPg3nw3QHbSA5iMO2mJxU4wKjvTdcYZbF5lhrY sSa9pEo4YRE.JzGarXkpsURqFDqRlmle+lRGGgMRmCBlv45u3Q6n.UoeET.h dTllMBP8kkRyT44g9ntmuObntXzyzL9qokxOEmHQbLF8pat9lqPu58EkJD4J zd6idE51qeK5ckoOHKq6YUkd3pBzcwqqcJL+3t+38a8aJh956t8c2h9sBzuu RsbkxpwUXw3J5x3h4jw0na.Oz811n.lVdA9QaXY8wmcK60YY0AQw44xrJzEV zpeGFzHhXLUaPwL2aPCCofv8iBurhU+f2urV8Fj1vdad0G77rfrAcfrAgfap OG6dfcaY2fqDemgq4x+tFi9WvpBMEkYCKC6xKkAYc3T9yFKIVwR5Ax5rkrYT cER3Q.kSiyu2azo1U8doBkWmheRYs.q07pQHcSoPaUqltS6Ev9A1abyQayJE 0kGOABi4B+yfG+VxlyDWFd7Z3T1XLZgVK1lcMK8zhHvdGA1JrhshCDAP.WeQ T.DADBecTg.f6+leNkXcVMGow0cn0aKXEoqbLXvmQ3eF7d2V1hniGf+wSTE+ fb1DCbLIVoJSmV6JV0.qM35.uIKkkUoUJYdhYxg1ACxoayTfyh0cQYgdt.eE BBbnffHx4YCw8iMsb4sCO9NAd3TAPpmgurPmeRtXo5K+rMfg6DfgFEYHnFJt z7a5jfJi5DHhXNTlOk9eBplriZKymLoQFAhn3X+yJowCsSYsVO2B.QCOc.D6 .ob7C0XBS.obDjmOkhSNq5jUkk07DlrE6MCg4s6ZCVZa281r5r12FOaeOSOM vMA1XpgJs4r4AXGe17Cxn1psY+lk8XQ5gwXSbm6D11TykgHB.VfBywNOirs2 WHhN+ARmIYRUsaspLN4upPXa3FyMjXh..iFzPhg53MhpoWqJxss9IOgTlGZA JfsQXv9sTba4OVd1263TF680LTUVp9ZpsrLIQmNyLsyMNn3lvimWzwokxQc9 cSTgM3w2IDOZfGh.7RDgWNvygOdNQ3ljDMvSSx0+ecPav2SMOsZxL4C0go1f Y2bnflTUg.IXycQe9ORvgX8JbCoWCrPHryJo2iJ.0MahSMNKByqW7BK9DlRf d9NuWeXgnaeaPupXUYRqB0dGjnGWKyjU0TMg6gbyAg2ZPySmMSB82tVmkVEO MSBlFrUyeu0GbOzG8K5BQbm9P5Re7cq9P6ReDtUeXcoObmoO56Jna+mPm4OC hpK+GHHj3N8oS7IpC7YQ5rkEo4pljNQbXeCNGXxDPCfKZRW6QAc5VAQ8IiE4 osBZzYg4kzoe6Rs0dAVA5Ss2YLCKzcwL7djSg46V8oqXFF2s5SWdb5611Q5C qGpyN57KJ7DzG34oEORHv+vAAAdwt56eps1KP7HqObN1YU14JfQEl6pDa3Wa 9Ganq8RsBH8vDbAsILygjJ6A5nuLDGoNj9rCFM7BSebn6SeNSh9ZCbE9H5i9 D4N8wuO9yt6L.6D5b.8wQ3CsOLDOR0wbh63kKePe3byTBZh2h3OWTpq5OBpl lapB2sfWo7gz1wCxvKtLYdpRlnVUZt4h0g9dC0x46C+G.naTLUA -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
known issue here is that currently all symbols are split in separate list items when you request the available routings
(handle that yourself, or wait for an update)
But that’s not your problem. Timo’s patch is a great place to start (although it has a typo — there’s a missing ‘i’ as in ‘get _i_nput’ in the message box on the right hand side. I will make a JS version later today (I have to re-download Live so it might take a while) and show how that’s done, too.
Here’s a JS proof-of-concept for getting and setting input and output routings for a device’s track. Note that, due to the bug Timo mentioned, there’s some complicated crud in the JS to (hopefully) correctly parse the names. Once that bug is fixed (ASAP), you’ll be able to remove it.
[EDIT: new attachment uploaded, should be OK now.]
Thank you a lot for your support!
Forums > Max For Live