does anyone know of any tools to debug the serial port connection process? i’m using an arduino-based button matrix i’ve built to spit dmx/artnet out of max.
on my Mac machine, both Max6 and the arduino software read the device with 0 problems.
on windows however (small win7 netbook with max because i don’t want some retard throwing water on my nice computeR), the arduino software reads the serial port fine, and max doesn’t. the arduino seems to just go into a dead state when i use [serial c 57600], as if something isn’t getting sent correctly.
it’s definitely the right one. the status LEDs on the controller i made take a few seconds to come on after you power up the arduino, since there’s code switch panel modes and it won’t see them until it boots.
when you make a [serial c 57600] object, it tries to connect to the arduino but all the LEDs go out and it doesn’t connect properly. usually on connection (and with mac) the LEDs will be off for a second and then pop back on when the connection is good.