Serial port transmits, but doesnt receive
I can communicate to my serial port device using mttty or hyperterm, but maxplus serial object only transmits. The serial object reports available COM devices successfully, but getbaud, getdtr, and monitors never show that the serial object receives any data or status. I’ve used inspector to enable buffering down to 1 char, I’ve checked the DTR setting (works fine on mttty, hyperterm), and tried different baudrates to no avail.
Here’s the patch:
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 804.3ocyX00aZCCE8YpT+O3kmYU9i7gyj5CrsppJsMMwXOLMMUE.Wpq.GTho k0p8eeN1Iz.DFokDOppB3qSt9bO2iu9Rd5zS53LLdIK0A7NvOAc57jxRGssL KcJLzwYVzxQSiR02nyLVZZzDlS27IkrkR8DSXxgQKFuZBwhYwKjSYR8ygJLe SrPlxejoMRNCVXedjbzsbwjqSXijFHgggp4AXuraC3oGfTWA+pryDQyzNyoW BOZ5pk2r1xeOmYbliyyOlBZbQAxvEV4i0tId3cuE65nM9mSOI6S0GcObBZdB WHeQzC9eSOJFwqKf3GjQLDWM8PsA8b.ri1w6iDpHXI5re.zHHJt9Llqc7.qH dPq.zn3YyXBS95+PPh0oRSBswiRL9HILQgsYxDerjMoj1LJgMbTV3ksJa8wu +4uBFzu2GtXGb.7UT6hfwZBQKDBo5uCWqzUxjgZmeFrFUyVitPUsCOrEXluM nW+AMN0fBBrK0DzBTyf9Wc4kWzG79qF.ffyAvFjfJKcP4CZUBxqEHn2z6Ke5 GPPuyoMHy3l2vDTW4ghZepA2B8IQH.eOP.ED3Cng.WppZQlEeDvyW0yXS1BE zsDggBQ1qGJDpMUUKQP8ejFTc4A0GkgLsmfHtsu7BZW4EkBb0V13eOTyJ6P9 9kXRB1hstG1dptAYpNTyWNKWoE5055MpsjaT2b4lpflaw0lUh4RKuK0KvdRr CneBy5tOITk+jBcoaWxN+oS6M462vMTas2C.hX5Ax201uG.xqmcDrGTdXaxI kkAOvH.B4gg6psQ7quuZh4r9vpZN5EPS5T3tYqpDXa0qj4YclxEa8R3z3Oah M3vz3EIiJvP9appKnTLLlkJ4hHIOVT9tV+ltkOdLSr1dpw7zngSYZzB2cVs9 3pNvxeuv5gr0adrhsu1vjjJl4loQSVm0a5nQ0r1QKKi1GrbsNrHGmrUvwIrB OR0V0ZK7l6LrAvp0lwP6iKXcvUf0wUsnKxAAq7SxhlO+dVRZtmMHRcr+cwIY i86ZFyElwlp0NIr64EOhYwbhRTGdKUmbuHwbX7Rpe1gm5ETc4uvMUOLB -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
did you send bangs to your serial object ?
try to connect a [metro] to your inlet of the [serial] object.
As kugelschreiber implies, serial is a polled object. You need to bang it at a fairly quick rate to get it to report the data that has been gathered. The help patcher could be clearer about this.
You are right–I didnt catch that. I assumed a serial port would output received data as it arrived and did not read the help carefully enough. Banging a polling interval (metro) seems kind of odd but it appears to work. I’ll have to increase the buffer size since I’m running the interface at 115200 (around 10K chars/sec) but metro appears limited to once per millisec. I might try some things like using uzi to increase this rate since the dumped files are big.
uzi won’t help here, I don’t think. Increasing the buffer, and using a fast polling rate are probably your best bet.
Forums > MaxMSP