stack overflow with patrr
a) i have 2 different b-patcher. like 2 different instruments. with 2 different name. the json file have 2 different name.
i have make pattr preset with one… all is OK. i play with it…
after i make preset with the other… all is ok…
when i come back to the first and try the preset whose i have make, he appear : stack over flow… I show where is the problem… click on the banner and show me a message object where they are write fade $1 $2. i search the problem… mystery.
i close the patch, restart the patch… try the preset on the 2 differents pattrr. all his perform !!!
i make again whose i describe on a). make new preset on the 2 instrument… he make me the same problem….
i close again, restart… he’s ok !!!
i copy the json file on xml file. make me the same.
someone have an idea ?
Please post a patcher demonstrating the problem.
this is a part of my b-patcher (on link). he’s who make problem, i try different manipulation, and gather: the problem come to this.
he’s is just a part, normally containt physical modelling with msd and control synthesis sound on poly~object.
he’s very curious, because sometime he run normally, sometime make me the stackoverflow ! but i don’t find the order manipulation for don’t make e the problem.
i use a autopatrr, maybe with patrr object make me no problem. i don’t try this way, but i make usually this way (with autopatrr) and don’t make me problem.
and when i run with my b-patcher open, on edit mode, he run correctly.
he’s incredible ! I search the problem… after my last post, the stack overflow have show me a message box where write ‘store 0′ temporary store use for interpolate mode. after show me message box ‘color $1 $2 $3 $4′ in link with a gl.mesh, with no link with the data whose store on the pattrstorage.
and now max crashed.
i understand nothing !!!
i run with a 5.1.6., on a macbookpro with osx 10.5.8.
I tried to look at this patch, but it’s really too complicated for me to debug. It’s clear, though, that you have some amount of "feedback" where i’m not sure whether you can control how it ends. In particular, the patchcord coming from the outlet of pattrstorage and back into the "p memo" subpatcher is suspicious. If you can simplify this somehow, so that it’s clearer what’s happening, I’m happy to look closer, but this is far too complex for me to understand in a few minutes.
in the subpatcher "p memo" here a b-patcher whose i used to manipulated easely patrrstorage.
but it run correctly on other patch and never have problem all the way to now. i show it and try some stuff on it but nothing to good. i think the bug come from an other way.
actually have got put it to side otherwise i lost my hair !!! and it neccessary i bring forward.
thanks for all.
all the best
Forums > MaxMSP