strange font bug
I just stumbled over strange font bug. Every f, h, w, capitals and numbers are displayed in bold and italic in all my patches. Even in the help patches and in the Max window. I know this sounds really weird. I can not remember to have done or clicked something, what could have caused this bug.
I tried to fix it by checking the Options/Preferences/native text rendering but it only works for patches. The standalone I am trying to make at the moment still has the bold/italic characters.
I would be glad about every hint you could give me.
Maybe try switching native text rendering OFF and lower the value of "Max Font Size For Native Subpixel Antialiasing" to something like 2. That helped in my case.
For an app, you can send a message to max to control native text rendering:
put this in a message box:
; nativetextrendering 0
connect to a loadbang and you should be good to go (note that I haven’t tested, tho…just know it works in a patcher).
Thanks for your replies! I tried both ways.
The "native subpixel antialising" solved the problem only inside of Max. Meaning: when I built my standalone, the bug was there again.
didn’t solve the problem, as the Max Window told me: Max doesn’t know the message.
I tend to think my font file is corrupt somehow. I’ll try a reinstall next.
sorry…you need to put a "max" in front of the "nativetextrendering" message, i.e.
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 284.3ockREsSDCBD7Y3qfP7wp4.8LF8I+NzKFtxZOLsPCPMUub+6V1V7t1bI 58xR5rCytyP2SI7stdHvYOxdgQH6oDBBk.HSeS3Mp9xZU.owitppZfWL1pUE K2YrUu4gx3nL2IE2rpf8v5TUtJWYalthQi5319w02mkw10Xr0PDGg3HnqKtD cDJ9UKLNNtwNL3MolGnzTo3e5jFHDTU+ZkHziNf+zq9AdLqJZ9DRndvpA+fK YWIxrqMVnz0YwqH+yzPHFOVioxsxymGxr5u6rQqpAsH+YuQUe1jRdB8f4ajt XP6KK.mmd3dg1awuEn4R3yizfqyWlkZ5QkczcZHDMonzYOgibFmcFsFv14Mu wnacCOrSqvhEjdf9Cv8ujV. -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Forums > MaxMSP