So I have this project I have be deliberating about for some time and wanted to see if anyone has implemented something like this.
Project goals – Stream audio from max/msp wirelessly to a small device connected to a amplifier and speaker that is potentially 300′ away.
Hardware/software options (as I have found):
– AUNetSend/Receive with audiounit~
these are audio units built by apple which can send audio to each other with a bonjour protocol (I think)
– Arduino – microprocessor card that can send/receive analogue/digital signals
– Wireless types – wifi, Zigbee/Xbee, bluetooth, radio, RF
– General microprocessor – non specific
– Maxuino – collaborative effort to combine max/msp with arduino
It seems like one of the best possibilities is to send an audio stream via AUNetSend to a arduino card with a wifi shield where the arduino card has a AUNetReceive maxuino patch which will route the signal out of the analogue output to an amplifier to a loudspeaker.
So this seems to work in my head but I have no experience with maxuino or AUNetSend/Receive. I am open to ideas, thoughts, questions, comments etc.
I know I could use a iem (in ear monitor) but it’s a litte too bulky for the idea I’m thinking of using it for. If you know of something that already exists that would fit the profile, I’d love to hear it.