I have a delay line in a patcher that uses the tapin~/tapout~ combination. Whenever I change sample rate, I get the following error message in the Max window:
tapout~ sampling rate does not match tapin~
I did find references to this in the 2002 forum, but it sounded like it would be fixed long ago. Is this still a problem?
i am not the one to comment if that can be considered
a "bug" or is somehow a natural result of changing the samplerate, but wouldnt a "clear" message to the tapin~, triggered by changes to system rate as indicated by dspstate
already solve it?
This would only be a problem if you’d want to change sample rates on the fly. A simple reinstantiation of the tapin~/tapout~ or a reload of the patch should solve it.
This is a guess, but tapin~/tapout~ need to determine the times according to the sample rate. If they do this only on instantiation, it is probably way more effective. I don’t see a problem here and would not want to sacrifice performance for something unimportant…
If you really want to change sample rates on the fly, just script replace your taps on the fly and you should be fine…
I don’t know that it’s even a problem. It’s just that when I get an error message in the Max window I start wondering. I’m not actually changing sample rate on the fly, but after stopping audio. It just seems to be a quirk that is more cosmetic than anything from what I can tell. Thanks again.