I’m running a brand new MacBook Pro 2 GHz Intel i7 (4 GB 1333 MHz) with OSX 10.7.1 Lion.
I made this patch which drives a techno~ object and uses a lot of list processing to add semi-random ornamentation to preset melodies. The patch repeatedly crashes Max, even without DSP running. I don’t get a stack overflow message or anything. Even trying to Copy Compressed to share with you folks crashes Max, so I’ve attached the .maxpat file.
Opening with Command+Shift crashes Max, too.
This patch seems fairly straightforward. My only concern is that some sort of loop is being created between the techno~ objects and the list-processing subpatches.
I tried this – Max 5.1.8/Vista 32 – and was able to vary the melody and tempo; but the [>~ -0.5] object wasn’t triggering a bang. I manually triggered the [bang] and my debug window instantly filled up with the following: "techno – bad index"
then the patch continued to play the same repetitive melody.
I tried to change the [>~ -0.5] to [>~ 0.5] and *BANG* it crashed.