Umenu behaves strangely
I'm using umenu to select audio files I added in a folder in the Max Msp app folder (like the examples/sounds/ folder that is used in a number of help patches. I have set the umenu on autopopulate mode. It worked fine until I reopen my patch : the umenu object has disappeared and there is just a striped box with (menu) written on it. Does anyone know why ?
I would just open up the inspector for the [umenu] object you’re using and set the folder with the audio you want there. Easier than using loadmess. Not sure why you’re getting the strange striped box, though…
Thanks ! I tried it. The result is similar. I use 3 umenu objects because I have 3 categories of audiofiles, and 1 umenu would be really too long. Do you think it’s because I’m using several objects? I read that the stripes are due to juibogus objects but I have no clue of the reason why they appear. It’s appearently a programming error… I could perfectly insert the names of the audio files in the menu with an insert message, but I have quite a lot of files, and also, I would really like to be able to store those files in a specific folder, as my patches are quite numerous, it’s for a big project, and at least I’d like to be able to have the files apart…. Do you know if there is a means to indicate a path to a subfolder to sfplay~?
As far as I know, the umenu object does not support subfolders… but you can try something like this:
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 589.3ocuUsjaaCCDcszoffqs0OCYGmcA8CLfqABZPaWTTDPIMVgIRjBTToNM HGhrq8tj6TtBkjRp9OrrARArow7H4n26MiF+nsENhu.JwnyQeGYY8nskkARC X0DagyIKhyHkligi444.Sh6UumDVHM3RAMMEDNNNsawpx4UxLPZtnWC5bNSV R+Enw7CbZgKHx3anrzqEPrrlOCGp1E4OvrFZBB7b7P+XY9or1z62.RSLrgGc a+Q3UdjLRt4QhufkPx.zLNii0a+jssdoWGkeTkTxY6VhsbnFR9PATKDbDgkh +Gu2gTGsTogiaW6rPCOEgvfept6VkQdAvRnjLdJZNOKY2BMXeBE2aSw18xsw CFGXbB+wGc0dvaQ0dOlTg.z1DR86b5hirY3j8F+fypMG+i1bBdKLmJ0bfp1D Spj7BdQUFQBqRh0MkA6yTn5IJ08OG1epccMEd8kme8k+X976yc+RIHJcSAtH Ehphob22Ck2o3k6LxBzUj7BkZ+DMRPDO3dIHAzm4w2glRknOJ34nYW9t90mp zQMlyUE66440OHTsz70ysUwTIj2L4DOYxG7Bm37sK9pVA8zKFnoaCc0lP9mM YanoaCUewCOEYTv95RJHBUoWBhqAFIJCVcr7g5f7OlNHySDmQYa9WKFRqwWu spjWIhaaEpmn0Csj2IPojxHRpZv6xyLXsybCMIAXqpnDZoVjFI3sy16txlAc fMA+2XSPGXi+Ixl5BGon3d0aRMozPD0a92xE5vg8LgTVcnIiXAbOs87g15r8 j8eAfa2+tA -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Perfect! Thank you so much!!
MMM Actually I still have the same problem using a subfolder…I have tried without using any subfolder, and it still didn’t work. I wonder if the depth argument doesn’t have anything to do with that problem. There is nothing clear about that in the help files or documentation. I have the feeling my patch is creating the problem, but I don’t know why. I’ll post it if it maybe of any use….
Here is the file…. There is a number of abstractions in it that I won’t upload, but I guess it won’t change anything to the problem. If anyone has a clue…. I’m getting desperate. You must open it in normal mode, not in presentation mode to see the umenu objects.
This is what it looks like when I open your patch up. Everything seems to be working fine and there is no striped box.
I have no clue what's going on. Hopefully somebody here with more knowledge than me can help you out.
Hope your problem will be resolved.
Well, that’s really weird. I have used another solution meanwhile, with a preload message…. and it works fine. But thanks for your help anyway!
Forums > MaxMSP