USB Data aquisition board that works well with max msp ?
I am looking for a multichannel USB data aquisition board (DAQ) that will work more or less immediately with max – I want to get a stream of numbers in realtime measuring my signal with the minimum of faffing around – though I would like to add a filter. I would also like it to have at least 1000 hz sampling rate per channel .Here is an example though I dont know if it works with max :
Any suggestions ?
PS I do not wish to use an arduino for various reasons
Cheers. maybe this would be a better example :
So I have a couple of questions :
1. I am measuring very tiny electrical impulses – typically 40 mv above a background noise of 20 mv – but I will probably use an instrumentation amplifier to boost this.Can the Teensy do this (eg does it offer differential inputs) ?
2. What is the sampling rate and is this divided amongst the channels ?
3. How do I get the channels into max as seperate streams ?
1) from my experience you’d be best off by amplification before hitting the device – thankfully amplifiers are extremely simple things.
2) dunno, you’ll have to look for the docs.
3) see 2 – this is a fairly normal thing to be doing with these devices, so there should be precedents.
anyone else ?
yes I have been looking at Labjacks stuff – its definately fit for purpose – how easily will it be to get the data into max though ?
@Roald – that looks perfect but … I am using a windows PC – any other suggestions ?
(don’t say it – just….don’t)
noone got anything working labjacks or NI gear ?
Forums > MaxMSP