waveform~ in poly~ instance
my poly~ patcher contains a buffer~, record~, and waveform~.
I am using thispoly~ to get the poly instance and name my buffer~, record into my buffer~ and display my buffer~ (using waveform~)
i can name my buffer~ so that each buffer in each poly~ instance has has its unique name using:
thispoly~ –> sprintf (set MF%ld)
so that the buffer~ in instance 1 is called MF1, the buffer~ in instance 2 is called MF2 etc.
I can record into the buffer~ using record. and can then double click on the buffer~ or record~ object to view what has been recorded into each specific buffer~
However waveform~, will not display the waveform. i have tried sending it the same message using the same principle as above:
set MF1, set MF2 etc.
and have also tried the message:
set MF1 1, MF2 1.
ie display channel one of buffer~ (they are mono buffers~)
however nothing will display.
Can anyone answer the question?
ive included the folders
I do not have any IO connected to my computer so i can’t test it but this should work i guess. If not i’m affraid you’ll have to wait for the Max-gods to respond. :)
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 391.3ocoS1rbBBCEEdMNiuCYR6RqCff+zccS20mfNc5DgKZ5.INjfZqS6ydS tXPF+oZ0Mbgy8.bxWtYS2Ndzox0fhRdj7JwyaiQwC0rJdNAOZAacRNSgFoEf RwlAzdaapg0ZrgfU.j6CZZvSQY4zOdHtQTTUHqz4fF+XAN4LoPq3eAnXXeem dsW8mKf5PRoj2b8VvzIy4hYuWBI551ChFZdWRTTjsDGauFLtu+tWx9irAEi1 SkbVd6nwEtjEhhe2sisZJ8tX9HfUlk7g3wjRfuDH24q.8zprLnrwTNW.IxJA 5L7H.Lv+eQvf9wShCFO51v3fQHFGMAeXv0fQ+qFiqXKgLYYwOGadJ7TCTCai 8DYtrrdEsK4GfhrbISS68m2jyUX8bXCG3hlfkvXDhCiZys588Fx8xylYgiSt XmpwQgLsdecOZV+cwom8ODiwy1XOFqjUkItk91iljVALETZtfo4RQKSg64ZN OMEPCMmTK3oKjbgV4.9o24u3rYm5Oe3t8rYELkeAD49HYA -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
ye cant see any reason why it wouldnt work either.
the waveform~ for some reason doesnt know to link to the buffer~.
Did you copy the updated code into your patch? Because i think it should work now. You forgot to put "name $1" before the waveform therefore it doesn’t understand what information it’s getting from the receive.
weird, it worked the first time a did it, but then stopped working after that. Even weirder considering that according to the manual sending the message ‘name’ followed by a symbol specifies what audiofile the waveform~ should link to rather than which buffer~ it should link to. The message ‘set’, which is what i originally used, followed by a symbol links the waveform to that buffer~.
any ideas? ill keep playing with it
You’re right, my bad. :) Indeed it should be "set $1". Just change the "name$1" to "set$1" and you should be alright. It’s weird it worked the first time though…
but thats what i had in the first place no? i have
thispoly~ —-> sprintf set MF%ld —–> waveform~
the same message is also going buffer~ and record~. it manages to name, so the message going to those objects works. but when i send the same message to waveform~ it doesnt link to those objects.
i also tried using the attribute namebuffer but didnt work either.
No, just look at the output of the receive object connected to the waveform, somehow it doesn’t ouput the "set MF1(or whatever)". Instead it just outputs "MF1" Just try connecting it. I go to sleep now…
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 509.3ocwV9sajBBEF+ZaReGHj8xoMBVT6d29broogQQKMJLAX1Naa19ruBnt 5z+YZwctwyLGN54ie9A3SmeVDbq7.SCAeG7SPTzScYhb4rYhFRDAaoGJZnZW gvVlVSqYvM8CZXGLtAJqOnpwi42oXZlvPMbo3VEqv3aCljdY7F.FSrg39Kfa FtsJovn4OxrUivcC2mWt2zvLleui4eNP3+tmcTSwcbQ8z1jl6ZC5Za3pL6UT 9wMRPacON3OTbZynzE6a4htt4lv3gr7RWoxs2eABMsVuzbEibY+y4mYicgMA BqvPiGT1T7fBLdhCNddf9KVkT09L7MmwUMRpAt4c+QCW6hKiNodtPRrgrY3Y FCHuBCxFE518UUL0HKm+9bNeRm91uP1HUdAAt4SCNA6gN47RakWUOCNZU6h8 WiHcKUT+A37pDu+xY1x8KLi+LlMzq.ZxavRb3WJpXzxOb+s9IK450c+s9132 lKgD1EvoAe86hrgqpKDQxm5BQg0EhOQtv.YmFfy5XmR9+cZolY.eCsVGW5On bX6rPgm7EhGe25NCS7huYyoY6.GAMsbupXXNN7kKfI5tjoMbgaSrIUkOun63 kkL23i.rkWtSxEldgfyxtjzAnjbW.mN9u26nqkq53UQ0AQa4KQZYmDoktDoQ NIRKYIRC+kklMQW3unuQgiC -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Forums > MaxMSP