Virus in Max7 install?
Nov 12 2014 | 1:24 pm
I just installed Max7 32bit (win) and Avira Free Antivirus complains about a trojan virus in max.exe. Anyone else seen this? Is my Avira too paranoid? Was the virus already on my PC and infested max.exe during install?
Virus is supposedly TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen
- Nov 12 2014 | 1:25 pmIt reports maxRT.exe being infected too.
- Nov 12 2014 | 3:03 pmConfirmed. Same problem on my system, win7 and Avira - Virus - Protection. Seems to be a minor TR according to Avira's website. Anyway, couldn't start Max7 either...
- Nov 12 2014 | 3:04 pmThis seems to be an Avira false positive. Microsoft Security Essentials assures me that everything is fine.Googling "tr crypt.cfi.gen false positive" indicates that this is not uncommon for Avira.Jeremy
- Nov 12 2014 | 4:14 pmAll this control and nasty problems are like the blood in the water for the "nfo" artists.
- Nov 12 2014 | 4:34 pm
- Nov 12 2014 | 9:59 pm@jeremy I have nothing to add on the topic but I LOVE your avatar!
- Jan 09 2015 | 8:09 amI have the same problem with Avira and Avast (only Max 7.0.1 not Max 7). How did you resolve the problem in the end? Cycling support told me to disable Avira/Avast during installation of Max. Is there an option in Avast/Avira to disable it? If yes, where? Or do I have to uninstall Avira/Avast and re-install after installation of Max 7.0.1.?
- Jan 09 2015 | 8:50 amAvira quarantines the Max(RT).exe files. You can tell it to put it back where it was and ignore it.
- Jan 09 2015 | 3:56 pmWhat I did: de-install Avast; installed Max 7.0.1, Max is now running. I re-install avast. I start Max, I get a pop-up from Avast that it has found a virus. That's the end of Max. Cannot start Max anymore. I re-extracted it from the quaranteen. I put it on the list of exceptions. Still it keeps blocking Max. I must admit I am not an Avast expert. Could anybody give me some guidance?
- Jan 09 2015 | 4:10 pmnormally wiht Avast you can disable for 10 minutes, one hour, this session, or indefinitely by right clocking on the icon in the lower right corner of the task bar but it will work only if the problem is during install only. Damn false positive !
- Jan 09 2015 | 7:35 pmOK, got it up and running with Avira. I do not think that there is a solution to run Max together with Avast.
- Jan 09 2015 | 9:28 pmthat sucks a bit is Avira free ?
- Mar 11 2016 | 7:17 pmsame problem.... Yup. Avira's free.