What are you building with C and C++ externals?
Nov 13 2020 | 9:07 pm
Just curious :)
- Nov 17 2020 | 5:22 pmI'm working on the second release of Scheme For Max, an embedded lisp interpreter for Max. :-) https://github.com/iainctduncan/scheme-for-max
- Nov 17 2020 | 5:40 pmI have dug out some of my very old C source code which I used to build MAX externals with one of the first Opcode MAX versions of the mid-1990s at CNMAT (UC Berkeley).I was surprised how easy it was to build the 64-bit external with the 8.0.3 SDK and load my orignal, almost 25 year old MAX patches into MAX 8. My future MAX projects will include gesture/motion MIDI controllers,
- Nov 17 2020 | 11:05 pmWow, both sound like great ideas. Im not sure what to do yet. Will give it some more thought.
- Nov 17 2020 | 11:32 pmIf you're just getting going with it, the Eric Lyon book is really good, and so is going through the examples that come with the SDK.iain
- Nov 18 2020 | 6:51 am@Iain Thanks for your infos - I will check out 'Designing Audio Objects for Max/MSP and Pd' soon. As I am now up and running with the MAX 8 SDK, I will also look into your 'Scheme-for-Max' as well!I am also intending to interface MAX with a Raspberry PI and a motion sensor - that is at the moment a C++ application. Fun, fun, fun!Cheers,Andreas
- Nov 18 2020 | 7:48 amWill check that out, cheers.