1st Max/Pd Uncontest
Jun 17 2015 | 12:37 pm
Discussing the world's fate recently we decided to organize the event for Max/MSP and PureData enthusiasts to exchange the experience. Being a big fans of trackers (particularly Renoise) we very well familiar with tracker contest tradition, when a group of people make music together from one little sample pack or with another limitations (for example with a tabu on certain tracker features). This is a great way to exchange experience, but we don't like the competition basis of such events, as it really hurts true fun in our opinion. Thus, we came up with the idea of the uncontest (you can draw the analogy with unconference) where participants' works are not evaluated, but instead published online in the form of screencast or mix.
To participate in the uncontest, you just need to create a patch in Max/MSP or PureData and send it to us. Being inspired by the Music from very short programs we decided to introduce the following limitations on patches:
- You should make one patch that will generate sound or music.
- You can use any library provided that it is accessible online.
- You can use any abstractions which comes with Max/Pd.
- You can use samples if their length are less than 1 second.
- Number of used objects should be less than 20.
- Those include all objects like message, ezdac, UI objects, abstractions, but not comments.
- Each operator in gen~ counts like a regular object.
- If you want to use FTM, then you are limited to the 10 objects total (because you can do a lot of complex things just with one ftm.mess.
- The following objects are not allowed to use: codebox, js, mxj.
- To keep things minimalistic bpatchers (including BEAP, etc.) are not allowed.
If you wonder what such patch can look like, check out this video from one of organizers:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7nyCQFvez0.
Please pack your patch (with samples if used) to a zip archive and send it to the following email: pattr [doggy] oscii [dot] ru
Deadline: 20 July 2015.
Link to this information: http://pattr.ru/uncontest/01.html#english.
Good luck and have fun!