Change case of library patcher name
Sep 12 2021 | 11:56 pm
I added a patcher file named sor.printerror.maxpat to the Max 8 Library. Later, I decided on Pascal case (capitalise words concatenated in name) as my personal standard for patcher names. So I renamed the file to sor.PrintError.maxpat :
The case change was not reflected in instances of the object in other patchers. So I deleted all those instances and added them back in again. But the auto-completion list that is shown when adding an object still has the name in lower case. The same is true if I add the object to a patcher that has never previously contained it:
After adding the library object to a patcher, I can manually change the case of the object name in the referencing patcher:
But this is clearly not ideal.
So how can I get the case of the object in the auto-completion list to change to reflect the change of the file name case in the library? Here's what I have tried and did not work:
- I deleted the file from the library and added it back in again.
- I confirmed (by viewing the problematic patcher with a text editor), that there was no reference (such as for a Title property) within the patcher itself to the lower case version of its own name.
- I renamed the patcher to something completely different and then named it back again.
My guess is that Max has somewhere cached the old name for display in the auto-completion list, retaining the cached name for possible future use even when the patcher was no longer in the library, and has not recognised the subsequent case change as a name change. If that is correct, perhaps there is a way (short of uninstalling and reinstalling Max) of clearing the cache.