GL3 Beta version 0.2.0 update
Oct 06 2020 | 8:55 pm
Hello everyone, I'm excited to announce the GL3 package 0.2.0 update is now live in the Package Manager.
This update brings a handful of new features, and an even larger handful of bug-fixes. It also represents a significant step forward with gl2 compatibility, and therefore allows us to focus on more exciting new features in the months to come.
Check out the features and change list below, and see what the gl3-beta can do for your pixels!
- JXS source file include support - JXS files now support an <include> tag that references a GLSL source file to include in the program. See the GL3 launcher "JXS Includes" for more info.
- Geometry objects now have a point_mode attribute, allowing for different point type drawing modes. See the GL3 launcher "Point Mode" example patch.
- Geometry object cull_face attribute now has a 2Pass mode, providing basic support for single object transparency with depth enabled. See the GL3 launcher "Cullface 2 Pass" example.
- jit.gl.tf texture attribute - This attribute allows jit.gl.tf to bind textures for access in a transform-feedback shader. See the GL3 launcher "Vector Fields" example patches for a demo.
- Geometry object tex_map attribute fixed function emulation
- jit.gl.sketch support for stroke commands (see the "Sketch Commands" launcher patch)
- jit.gl.sketch support for glenable/gldisable commands (see the "Sketch Commands" launcher patch)
- POINT_SIZE shader uniform state (see the "Point Mode" launcher patch)
- CAM_PROJECTION_MATRIX shader uniform state (see the new ssaogl3 jit.gl.pass impementation, and the "Updating GLSL Shaders for GL3" reference page)
- jit.gl.text3d texture support
- gl.mesh index matrix input
- screentoworld fix
- fix gl.videoplane drawing via gl.multiple
- fix gl.model drawing via gl.multiple
- fix huge slowdown with texture copies
- fix gl.multiple when bound to gl.node context with transformations
- fix crash on windows with complex patches
- jit.gl.text3d properly supports matrixoutput
- material browser now functioning
- cubemap texture fix
- fix jit.gl.node with @capture >= 2 and @fsaa enabled
- improved error reporting when a shader program fails to compile from a JXS file
- fix crash with gl.sketch, gl.material and shadow enabled gl.light
- fix videoplane matrixoutput crash
- fix jit.gl.sketch glpolygonmode command
- fix jit.gl.text2d
- fix render errors when fsaa enabled with a bound jit.gl.pass
- working SSAO jit.gl.pass effect (@fxname ssaogl3)
- jit.gl.texture subtex_matrix support parity with gl2 engine
- jit.gl.buffer fix when using @type tangent
- jit.gl.slab fix for broken renders with certain values of @rect attribute
- fix jit.gl.mesh and other geometry objects drawing glitches when geometry dim changes