How can i controll visualisation with incoming audio signal?
Feb 17 2015 | 1:42 pm
how can i control videosignal with incoming audio signal. I would like to swith video input signal betwen 2 cameras, when the music changes. How can i read a frequency or bpm and by changing send signal to switch camera or visualisation? Have someone an idea? I would be glad to read a cople of ideas. Thanks
- Feb 17 2015 | 6:37 pmWhat is "when the music changes"? That is the main question and the one that needs clarification. The video control aspect is easy.
- Feb 24 2015 | 3:16 pmThanks for your answer.I mean a couple of factors. Tempo, Volume or f.e. lower frequency goes down (Range between 20Hz and 150Hz). So I have a few factors to variate.
- Feb 26 2015 | 3:28 pmcan you halp me by exemple with tempo? maybe bpm counter.
- Feb 26 2015 | 9:33 pmI wouldnt analyze frequencies. I d use the amplitude/peak information to start with. Tempo. Use transport and get the tick count from it.
- Feb 26 2015 | 10:24 pm
- Feb 26 2015 | 10:42 pmsnapshot~ object transforms an audio signal into a float
- Mar 03 2015 | 2:40 pmsorry for this question. how I use beat~? where should i copy this directory? i copyed it to Max folder. If I type beat~ in the object box I can chose a beat object and halp, but the console says: no such object...Max7 / Windows 7 64-bit
- Mar 03 2015 | 7:19 pmYou need to put it in the shared map.
- Mar 04 2015 | 11:58 amIs the beat~ object 64 bit? I'm not sure, but it probably only works in 32 bit mode... Regarding the external install location, probably the "easier" way is to put the external in the same directory of your patch.
- Mar 05 2015 | 3:15 pmi think 64-bit isn't a problem. But it doesn't work :( . Compiler says beat~: no such object any other sugestions?
- Mar 05 2015 | 8:12 pmCheck for cycling 74/shared/packages. Put it in there orrr go to file preferences and add the folder with the external.
- Mar 06 2015 | 1:23 am
- Mar 06 2015 | 1:20 pmyes fftw.dll is in the max directory but it doesn't work
- Mar 06 2015 | 3:06 pmI've just tried and on Max 6 64 bit on my Windows 7 machine the object does not work. It works in Max 6 32 bit mode. Why would Max 7 be any different? I'm wondering why you say that 64 bit shouldn't be a problem... have you read anything about it on Tristan Jehan's site? I haven't seen any version history, but I guess these plugins haven't been updated in a while (unfortunately)...
- Mar 09 2015 | 5:35 pmThank you very much for your help and time! I found another solution in this forum. https://cycling74.com/forums/tap-tempo-2/ + lowpass + threshold (threshold is not ready yet). I think it will works.
- May 09 2016 | 2:25 pmI was hoping there would be some information about Trsitan's objects being updated for 64 bit. Unfortunately it seems they havent been yet. What a pain. The analyser~ object was really nice :(
- May 09 2016 | 2:41 pm