How execute an external Programm with Comand Line-Parameters?
Sep 22 2016 | 11:38 am
I try with the ;max launchbrowser msg. but not possible to give parameters
- Sep 22 2016 | 5:07 pmHave for forgot to say: for windows
- Sep 22 2016 | 6:40 pmAmazingly DOShack 0.3 still works with latest Windows if you install a very old 32-bit (i586) version of Java 1.5: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase5-419410.html#jre-1.5.0_22-oth-JPRHere's an example of external program launch with parameters:cmd.exe /c start /max notepad.exe
- Sep 22 2016 | 7:40 pmThank you for answering!can you explan how install the extention and how to use it? i'am still a beginner, not yet work with extentions. Can I use it with 32-bit version of max only?
- Sep 22 2016 | 9:59 pmYes, only 32-bit.1. Install 32-bit Java 1.5 2. Copy the two *.class files to C:/Program Files (x86)/Cycling '74/Max 7/resources/packages/max-mxj/java-classes/classes 3. Open the DOSHack.help file and see if the various examples work, checking the Max console at beginning to ensure Java loads correctly as well
- Oct 08 2020 | 9:41 pmAny idea what to send to DOShack to open another application I have installed like for example the one I have installed at C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zFM.exe ?
- Oct 09 2020 | 10:12 amYou should once decide what to use, shell, DOShack, or ; max launchbrowser or to write cmd script and execute it from max Windows path and shell are different than in mac, for DOShack this should work "C:\\Program Files\\7-Zip\\7zFM.exe"