Is there any alternative to mc.send~/mc.receive~ to send a mc signal into poly~?
May 05 2020 | 6:32 pm
The in~ object doesn't function for that purpose and there's no mc.in~ object. Or is it named differently?
- May 05 2020 | 7:10 pmSame question about outputting mc signals out of poly~ while keeping them multichannel and not mixed according to poly~'s number of voices...
- May 06 2020 | 4:10 amWhy you can't use mc.send~ and receive~ ? (Just asking because I want to do something similar)
- May 06 2020 | 6:01 amYou can do it that way - that's what I do actually - but in the same way that send~/receive~ is less CPU-efficient than in~ and out~, I suspect a direct connection would be a more efficient alternative to mc.send~/mc.receive~.
- May 06 2020 | 4:05 pmI'm pretty sure that officially send~ and receive~ is not supported inside poly~. I've been agitating for an mcs.poly~ object that would do exactly this, and it's on the FR list somewhere...\M
- May 06 2020 | 7:40 pmSend and receive for audio signals are not supported to/from poly~ indeed, but is it the case for send~/receive~?
- May 07 2020 | 2:35 amMy impression (and maybe someone from Cycling can confirm this) is that using [send] and [receive] for audio is _always_ unsupported, and using [send~] and [receive~] in [poly~] is also unsupported.
- May 07 2020 | 4:54 amomg.... that destroys my plans :(is there some other patcher that works like an array of patchers? actually i don't need the voice managment implemented in poly i just need to have n "channels"...
- May 07 2020 | 7:29 am@Mattyo I guess you're right about send and receive (even if audio transmissions with these objects *do* function outside poly~).Also, if I wasn't clear : transmissions to poly~ with mc.send~ and from poly~ with mc.receive~ function quite well. I was only checking whether there was a better option CPU-wise.
- May 08 2020 | 5:13 pmHey Roald, I know that using send~ and receive~ works in poly~, but I'm not sure if that is officially supported, so I've avoided it in case it breaks one day. I remember years ago being told by Ben B. to avoid it, but it's possible things have changed, as I often miss little details of improvements...\M
- Jan 27 2021 | 6:46 pmHi all, Any news about mc.in~ ? fxw