lists and mc.sig~
MAXIME JERRY FRAISSE
May 27 2023 | 1:19 pm
why can't I send a list to mc.sig~?
- MAXIME JERRY FRAISSEMay 27 2023 | 1:28 pmok, it works with applyvalues. but why list message doesn't work?
- riccardo dapeloMay 27 2023 | 2:15 pmAs reported in the help you can send a list in the form of a simple message i.e<10 20 30 40 ecc>, or a message starting with list (i.e list 1 2 3 4...n) in the first inlet
- luvulongtimeMay 27 2023 | 2:24 pmYou need to use Mcs.sig instead of the regular Mc.sig. I actually have no idea what Mcs stands for or how and why it is different. I just know that i need it for lists as input with Mc
- MAXIME JERRY FRAISSEMay 27 2023 | 2:41 pm@RICCARDO DAPELO that doesn't work for me... @LUVULONGTIME yes maybe mcs.sig~ object is theoretically what I need, but it is not suitable when using a lot of channels...anyway, that works perfectly with the applyvalues message. MC vs MCS = https://docs.cycling74.com/max8/vignettes/mc_mcvsmcs
- riccardo dapeloMay 27 2023 | 8:27 pmYes, both you are right! Sorry, I didn't see that I was using mcs.sig. I didn't even know the difference between the two. Anyway, I see that mc.sig works with applyvalues, while it does not reply to the simple message or even to the list.
- luvulongtimeMay 28 2023 | 11:14 amThanks for the link! Now i know
- riccardo dapeloMay 28 2023 | 12:02 pmMe too! There is always something to learn