Looking for a special transducer

    Mar 07 2014 | 2:49 pm
    Hello forum,
    I'm working on a project that involves exciting a cymbal with sine waves in order to produce interesting harmonics and sound effects, to do this, I'm currently putting a sound exciter (http://www.parts-express.com/hiwave-25mm-soundpax-exciter-turns-virtually-anything-into-a-speaker--309-149) on the top surface of the cymbal and it works fine, but the project requires the excitation to be as invisible as possible.
    I am very interested in trying a transducer like the one in this link: http://www.lutins.co.uk/cymbals.html which is attached to the mount of the cymbal instead; but I have not been able to find such device online. I wonder if anyone knows where can I get something like this or if someone could make one for me. Any advice is also very welcome.
    Thanks a lot in advance!

    • Mar 07 2014 | 7:58 pm
      That's an old Rolen Star. It's not really special per se. The threaded insert is for mounting. All they did was reverse the mount so that the rod is the vibrating element. You can easily make a similar setup by attaching a female threaded insert to a 'standard' tactile transducer.