Make groove~ play slower than .1?
Sep 19 2021 | 3:10 pm
I don't seem to be able to play a buffer with groove~ slower than .10 (except of course stopping it with 0, or playing it backwards with -.10 or "faster"). If I send it a sig~ between .1 and 0 it just stays at .1 (I think).
Am I doing something wrong, or is this a limitation of groove~? (or sig~?)
- Sep 19 2021 | 4:41 pmit plays until 0. there is something else lurking under the bed. ;)
- Sep 19 2021 | 4:56 pmIt plays, but it doesn't slow down any more once you get below .1 (10% normal speed). Not that I can hear, anyhow.i.e. I can play the buffer at 50% normal speed, and 10% normal speed, but not 5% normal speed. (I should have mentioned that I'm using it with the "timestretch" attribute turned on. Not changing the pitch.)
- Sep 19 2021 | 5:57 pmis that only in your patch? what about the first tab of the helpfile?
- Sep 20 2021 | 12:02 amI guess I'm not stating the problem clearly. (at least I don't understand the answer.)I'm able to timestretch a groove~ playback to half-speed by feeding it a sig~ of .5 . And I can timestretch it to 1/10 speed with a sig~ of .1 . But if I send it a sig~ of anything less than .1 (and above 0), the speed remains at 1/10.I looked again at the helpfiles for both groove~ and sig~, but I can't see where this issue is addressed. I've tested this issue in my patch, and in the helpfile, and in a groove~ tutorial I downloaded today.I guess I can use stretch~ as a workaround, but it's certainly not ideal.
- Sep 20 2021 | 12:45 amAccording to its help, extremestretch mode in groove~ is limited to factor between 0.5 and 4, maybe that's the problem?
- Sep 20 2021 | 4:25 amYeah, I played with that. Still can't seem to get it any slower, though. Stretch~ seems to do what I need, and actually it's pointing me into a new direction, so that's cool. But I'd still like to know if it's possible to make timestretch on groove~ play slower than 10%.
- Sep 20 2021 | 7:43 amwell for me it does not occur in the helpfile. i can play the sample in the helpfile with a speed of 0.0007.
- Sep 20 2021 | 2:45 pmIt definitely plays, but I cannot detect any change in speed once I get below a setting of 0.1 -- they all sound like 0.1 (until I get down to 0). If you set the loop length on that drum loop to something really short, like 100 ms., you can clearly hear the speed change as you move sig~ down to 0.1 -- and the lack of speed change as you move sig~ below that.
- Sep 25 2021 | 4:45 pmI can confirm what Tom says. It seems to be a limitation of groove~'s timestretch mode.