We are happy to announce the release of Max 7.2.3.
The primary reason for this release is to remove the QuickTime requirement on Windows. There are a number of other fixes, especially in the video engine department, so be sure to read the fixed bug list below.
As always, you can download the new installers here:
This can be installed over your previous Max 7 installation, and will not affect installs of Max 6.x or lower. We hope you enjoy this new version of Max!
• autocomplete: no longer fails with delete key on Windows and fn+delete on Mac
• AVF video engine: fixed movie load frame bug fix
• dict: right inlet is properly ‘cold’
• Gen: Code panel brackets expressions properly
• Gen: delay operator ref appears in sidebar
• Gen: removed 256 MB limit for data
• gen~: further fixes for samplerate in exported code
• jit.grab: Fixed fallback to dx engine
• jit.matrix: importmovie fixes for VIDDLL engine
• jit.movie: fixed crash with some m4v files and viddll engine
• Jitter: Windows no longer requires Quicktime
• Max For Live: fixed OpenGL-related crash when un-freezing some amxd devices
• normalize~: fixed large value output miscalculation
• Rewire: msprewiredevice.bundle back in installer
• sfplay~ / buffer~: fixed issues with read / import mp3 in 64 bit when OS language is Polish
• spigot~: fixed crash on Windows x86 when Quicktime is not installed
• VIDDLL: properly found and used when included in standalone
• VIZZIE / BEAP toolbar mini browser: fixed crash when scrolling mousewheel or two-finger swipe