MIDI Foot Control
Nov 14 2020 | 9:17 am
I would like to know how to solve my problem in Max For Live: I have 1 MIDI Button to control with my foot, and I want this button to trigger a looper ONLY on armed Track. I have 5 Tracks (5 Looper) in total, and right now it will trigger ALL of looper if I press it even if the Track is not armed, because i mapped this button to all of Looper trigger button.
any idea will really appreciated. Thank You Chris
- Nov 17 2020 | 1:23 amProbably best done without the MIDI mapping in M4L. The trickiest part, if you're not familiar with the Live API and iterating over it in max, would be finding each Looper device on the currently armed track. If your tracks don't have many devices its fairly straightforward, but making things dynamic, and able to deal with variable device/track configurations is usually worth the effort.
- Nov 17 2020 | 11:41 amDetect if track is armed or not using Live Api inside that Looper. open gate to receive that midi message if armed. If you place only 1 looper into each track and arm only 1 track then all ok without complication.
- Nov 18 2020 | 8:05 pmHello Source Audio,I really appriciated for your nice idea. I have tried really hard to understand the using of M4L, but untill now it still a very difficult to understand for me. Would you like please to guide me how to create that codes?regard, Chis
- Nov 18 2020 | 8:06 pmHello Evan,Thank you so much for your idea. I really appreciate it.Regard, Chris
- Nov 19 2020 | 11:19 amI don't understand the question... I posted the complete code to gate midi input , just place it into that looper device. If you were able to programm a Looper , than it should be easy to add that few objects inside. Only that midi schould not be assigned using automation, but sent directly into the device.
- Nov 19 2020 | 6:23 pmHello Source Audio,I can't found your posting about gate midi input, can you show me the link?I didnt program that looper, and now i just want to now, how can i give a message to a live.button to trigger the looper button. I try to use this program : https://maxforlive.com/library/device/2738/armed-track-parameter-gate. I want to change from knob into a button to trigger a looper button.Thank you for your help.Best Regard, Chris
- Nov 20 2020 | 11:50 amI see. You can replace that dial with any other object...I am not Live user at all, but from a quick look at that so called looper, it needs more than just 1 0 to be controlled. Button 1 0 will only start and stop recording.I replaced the dial with textbutton.It would be maybe better to create M4L midi device to serve as Midi Input for that footswitch. what exactly does it send ?
- Nov 20 2020 | 7:27 pmWow really nice... THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!actually this button should only trigger "PLAY" state in a Looper. I have modified your program and it work. so the RECORD button only send value "2." into a looper to trigger "PLAY". But 1 problem is: This button trigger a Play state without metronome (without Quantize), what should i do so it can trigger in Quantize Mode?another option: Maybe the RECORD button can trigger 1 clip (Play clip) inside that track? that Play clip has an automation to trigger the "Play" State in a Looper.Down below I attach a program like what i need. a button which trigger a clip inside a track, but this button has no filter to work only in armed trackMy MIDI Footswitch send this data: DATA: 903B7F STS: 90 CMD: 90 CH:01 DATA1: 3B DATA2: 7F Description: NoteOn H/B4 Velo=127Best Regard, Chris
- Nov 21 2020 | 11:12 amI am sorry but that patch is too complicated for me. As non Live user, after spending short time looking at that Looper, I see that it's start can be quantised, or not ?Then, you need to learn the LOM to be able to create such things, like detect which scene is active and then fire the clip in selected track etc. Arming recording on a track in order to start playback is weird thing to do. I would rather select a Scene/Track and then start the clip
- Nov 21 2020 | 2:00 pmHere is live project with 2 devices 1 FSWmidi.amxd receives midi note 59, triggers gate open to pass Bar Bang and sends message FSW to second device : FSWarmGate.amxd checks if track is armed to open gate and receive message FSW which then toggles State 2 - play or 0 - stop I don't know if that stupid software would find and load the devices placed in the project folder... I would rather use selected track instead of armed track condition to gate FSW message.
- Nov 21 2020 | 7:11 pmHello Source Audio,you are really genius, Thanks so much, step by step i can learn more and more about M4L. your program runned well, the problem is: when I armed another track, the looper will stop play.. huuf.. its really frustating me.I think it will be the last question from me if you can help me to make this happen: so we will change the funktion of FSWarmGate. How about if this program trigger a clip inside a track? is that possible? because this clip will trigger a Play button from Looper.anyway, may I know your name sir?Best Regard, Chris
- Nov 22 2020 | 8:26 amPlay off is leftover from last patch. I thought recording should stop if track gets disarmed. Forgot to remove it for playback version.----- To all new ideas : sorry but I am not using Live at all. Sometimes my students bring laptops with Live with and so I from time to time peek in, and offer a little help. But it does not make sense for me to go and learn software that I don't and don't want to use.
- Nov 22 2020 | 10:04 amHello... I'm sooo Happy!!!Finally its work dude, after along night trial and error. hahhahathe last program is didnt work, and than I use it to make a comparison with the "FSWarmGate" inside the folder. inside FSWarmGate , I just delete some objects under zl slice 1, and finally the looper still play even if I disarmed it. its really wonderful!!I really appreciated for your help man..God Bless You!!Best Regard, Chris