min-devkit and Visual Studio 2019 on Win10 64bit
Jan 08 2020 | 11:24 pm
Hi all, i'm trying to explore min-devkit to write some external in C++. I have VS2019 and CMake installed but from the Min Object Development Kit VS2019 does not start at all. Any hint or help? thanks
- Feb 01 2020 | 9:21 pmAny help/hint/idea?
- Feb 25 2020 | 3:43 pmHi,The Min-DevKit does build using VS2019, as seen @ https://ci.appveyor.com/project/c74/min-devkit/branch/masterSo a little more info might help... Before we get to your package, are you able to build the Min-DevKit package itself? Can you share your command line or steps you are using?Thanks.
- Feb 25 2020 | 8:00 pmHi, i simply follow the tutorial here http://cycling74-ci.s3.amazonaws.com/min-devkit/min-intro-mac.mp4 but no VS2019 open up. A quick console window appears (it seems empty) for less than half a second then nothing happens.
- Mar 03 2020 | 8:30 pmHi Alfonso,I had a similar experience. Basically, package and object creation/setup works. However, getting it to open up VS studio etc is broken.I had to do everything by hand at the command prompt. Even then, min.dcblocker didn't show up in the solution file for the min-dev kit demo solution.Give the command line options a shot.
- Mar 03 2020 | 9:43 pmThanx @DA XU I'll give it a shot. But the developers should make a note in the help patches that open VS is not working. best!
- Mar 17 2020 | 6:25 pmI've just updated the documentation (e.g. the ReadMe for Min-DevKit) to include the proper incantation for generating Visual Studio 2019 projects and tested it. It's all on master @ https://github.com/Cycling74/min-devkitCheers! Tim
- Mar 17 2020 | 6:48 pmThanks Tim! It will works by pressing the button in the max help patch to, or is ment to be used by command line invoking cmake etc. etc.?
- Mar 17 2020 | 7:52 pmExcellent question. This is for the command line use of CMake. I will open a ticket to update this in the Min launcher interface.
- Mar 17 2020 | 9:11 pmThanks Tim! This was exactly my original question tho...Probably it was not so clear.