This first post will always contain a link to the latest version of shell.
Shell is a cross-platform object for Max with which you can execute terminal commands. The shell object spawns a new shell process, executes the desired commands and passes stdout (and optionally stderr) back to Max.
Latest version: https://github.com/jeremybernstein/shell/releases/tag/1.0b2
Release notes (1.0b2)
- OSX: @forkmode now permits switching between fork (default, SSH-compatible) and vfork (better performance under some circumstances)
- OSX: SSH works again (if using fork(), see above)
- Windows: fixes for single-byte code pages on non-ANSI systems
- Windows: Fix for incomplete (prompt) output for Unicode commands.
Release notes (1.0b1)
- c++11 rewrite (no functional change)
- OSX: change fork() to vfork() to improve performance and minimize interruption when forking.
- OSX: reset signal masks in the forked process
- update Windows projects for Visual Studio 2015