I don't own Pro Tools myself, but an end user has asked, is there a way to route audio/MIDI from a MaxMSP 5.1 standalone to Pro Tools via Soundflower?
Are there any alternatives (Rewire? Hardware interface patching?)
I found several threads stating that PT doesn't recognize CoreAudio drivers, but another one or two seemed to suggest that an Aggregate Device (M-Audio + Soundflower) or other method worked.
Any hints would be hugely appreciated.
Here are instructions I found that seem to suggest that an Aggregate Device could be used:
1. Download and install Soundflower.
2. In Audio/MIDI Setup, make an Aggregate Device consisting of your audio interface (Mbox 2 Pro, for example) and Soundflower (2 ch).
3. In Mac > System Preferences > Sound, set "Output" to Soundflower (2 ch). This forces the System audio to Soundflower.
4. In PT, set the Playback Engine to the Aggregate Device you made.
5. In PT > Setup > I/O > Input, rename the inputs if necessary to make them easier to find when selecting inputs on an Audio or Aux Track. Clicking "Default" may help.
6. In PT, create and Audio or Aux Track,and select the Soundflower input.
7. Play the source, record-enable the track in PT, and you should hear the audio.