Forums > Gen

'debugging' in gen

Aug 16 2012 | 4:07 pm

is there a away to debug my gen statements. obviously I do not want to see all the signal data on a per sample basis (hmm well that could be nice actually).

right now I’m calculating some values based upon input parameters and then multiplying with the signal. but I’d like to see what the values I’ve calculated are?

Aug 16 2012 | 4:29 pm

The best way to "debug" is to just connect whatever signal you want to see to an outlet. You could temporarily add an extra outlet to the gen patcher for this purpose.

Aug 18 2012 | 3:26 am

Exactly. And from there, all the usual suspects of debugging MSP programming, from number~, snapshot~ and particularly capture~ (if you want to see all the signal data on a per sample basis…)

Aug 17 2016 | 2:49 pm

Unfortunately this can be extremely tedious, especially with complex [codebox]s and such. Some sort of print function would be a godsend. Obviously it would need some sort of limits on it to avoid overflowing the Max window, like only printing out the first x samples worth of values that get sent to it, x being an argument you could set.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums > Gen