Want to build a standalone Mac or Windows application? With Max, you can do just that and I will show you how. The result is an independent application anyone can run on their Mac or Windows machine with no Max installation required.
Here’s the first in a series on creating standalone applications. Spend 18 minutes learning the basics on standalone building for Mac and Windows machines.
- Dec 13 2017 | 8:22 pmGreat thanks!
- Dec 15 2017 | 2:52 pmGreat, looking forward to the next part. Thanks!
- Dec 22 2017 | 5:23 pmVery cool. Looking forward to the rest of this series! Thank you.
- Jan 10 2018 | 9:36 amThank You ! If you have time make more of these video's !! they will probably get me going in Max !!
- Feb 22 2018 | 2:53 pmHi,thanks for the great tutorial.When I follow the tutorial on Windows 7, Max 7.3.4 crashes at the point where I'm adding the loadmess 1, toggle, fullscreen $1, front - part and reopen the patch.No problem on Mac OS.Any idea why Max crashes here?Regards Klaus
- Apr 15 2020 | 7:18 am
- Apr 15 2020 | 7:33 amI think C74 has fixed the missing Dict and Coll objects in the current release. Sadly I dont think I will be able to help much with the tech stuff in the future, my health has declined alot over the last few years, so I am trying to write up what little else in my life might be interesting to other people, such as my friendship with Steve Jobs, and post it on my blog https://yofiel.com ~ I know I dont write in a very accessible manner when I'm not writing tech stuff, like, anyone with english as a second language won't want to read it, in fact I tend to write past high school level, so I dont think it will be a big success. But I dont want to dumb it down this time, so there it is.
- Apr 15 2020 | 6:07 pmwell i fixed that part but now the chord.js from tonal is not working
- Apr 16 2020 | 3:24 amAnd I took my blog offline. Even my old work colleagues weren't interested in accounts of the time we had together. Wel, l the world certainly has changed since I joined the workforce 40 years ago. Going to see if I can get on a respirator yet. Cheerio )
- Apr 16 2020 | 12:14 pmand you are clarefloud-blocking the whole european adress range because of a single NI staff member.
- Apr 16 2020 | 12:55 pmWhat lol by blog is offline, like I said
- Apr 16 2020 | 1:34 pmThanks for the tutorials. Can I build a collective in Max for Mac that can be opened in Max for windows?
- Apr 16 2020 | 3:53 pmHi,Yes. The Max collective is cross platform. So you can build it on Mac and open on Windows.But you cannot make the Windows Application (*.exe) on Mac.
- Jul 28 2021 | 8:36 pmI'm getting "unable to locate package 'link', could not add to standalone" in the Max console (actually about 50 of these messages repeated); but the patch seems to run correctly as I've been building it as I follow along with your video. When I built the standalone, it did it, but almost all of the graphics didn't work. I'm not sure how to correct the link and could use some help doing so.
- Jul 28 2021 | 9:03 pmAnother thing: the messages arise when trying to save the project and not when I first open the project. Win10, Max 8