i just want to give something back to the community as i received good tips a lot of times concerning my journey though the gen universe.
I programmed a patcher that is capable of performing dynamic effect chains in realtime without any clicks. Here are the features:
- up to 8 effects can be included in the setup (VST; AU; max / gen effect,...).
- the effect routing is triggered by 8 sliders (one for each effect)
- sliders manipulate one effect parameter (e.g. low pass filter frequency if you want to include low pass filter).
- when slider is touched and effect parameter is changed routing will immediately take place
- so you can perform low pass filter (e.g FX1) then chorus (e.g FX8) and then reverb (e.g FX3) / 1=> 8 => 3
- then you can move chorus filter down to 0 (slider) and the chain would be 1 => 3
- if you then move chorus filter slider back up the chain would be 1 => 3 => 8
So I think you understood the story :-)
Please see setup instruction in the GEN CODE TOP SECTION.
One thing: I am looking for well balanced, latency reduced audio filters / effects like low pass, high pass, chorus, flanger, comb, ringtone,... and also more adventures ones like mashup and stuttering effects. The problem I am currently having is that most of the filters that I got from the community or the max examples are not well balanced so they distort or they do a lot of overdrive when parameters are changed. So I would appreciate if you have balanced version of filters where a change of a parameter provides good sounding results.