Jan 20 2021 | 11:09 pm
Can C74 fix the output of the levelmeter~ object to give the value as a float (as stated in the documentation) rather than an integer?
- Jan 21 2021 | 12:29 amno worries posting it here, but you can also submit tickets directly to C74 if you ever need, from the "Help" tab of this site, you can use the "Submit a ticket" link near top-right of that page: https://support.cycling74.com/hc/en-us/ (on the ticket, you could list under "Expected Results" the 'reference doc' for levelmeter~ lists its output as "float", etc.; if you're logged-in to the site while doing this, it'll autofill your email for reply-to in case they need more info.)
- Jan 21 2021 | 8:18 pmThanks for the tip!
- Jan 21 2021 | 9:44 pmThat said, you could also use another object, like [average~] and some kind of snapshot~/number~ to get the float.
- Jan 22 2021 | 3:02 amSo I have a physical sound level meter whose function I am trying to emulate in Max which is to constantly output the peak RMS amplitude over the last second. I have created a patch using [average~] as well as [levelmeter~] and now I am interested in comparing the values with my SLM, but it would help to have more accuracy with the [levelmeter~] output.
- Jan 22 2021 | 9:19 ampeakamp~ ?