Max 6.1.5 Released
Nov 05 2013 | 5:30 pm
We are happy to announce the release of Max 6.1.5. Although there are a few other fixes, the primary focus of this release is for Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks compatibility. This release fixes audio-related crashing and hangs with the new Mac OS.
You can download it here:
• Mac OS 10.9 Support: fixes for crashing on audio start/stop • capture~: 'write' message no longer crashes • genexpr: MRT no longer is being detected as dead code • gl.window: no longer posts erroneous warnings • Jitter Gen: gen patcher export naming fix • kslider: recalls parameter/pattr properly • Max startup: fixed crashing and improved error checking/reporting when creating temp files • multislider: fix for hang on set/select • OpenGL: gl texture memory use improvements • patching: fix for crash when clicking on patch cord handles • vst~: 'get' message works properly • waveform~: improved fix for refresh/redraw
- Nov 05 2013 | 8:35 pmStanding ovationthanks
- Nov 06 2013 | 7:32 amI write just to make sure if it is really 6.1.5? I reported an error with ad_rewire in standalone apps on both mac and windows three weeks ago and looking into bug fixes no solution to this yet?
- Nov 06 2013 | 7:42 amThe ad_rewire bug is still outstanding. Max 6.15 was primarily released to fix incompatibilities with Mac OS 10.9. We will be looking at the ad_rewire bug and others for future updates.-Ben
- Nov 06 2013 | 10:23 amHi i just got my new macbook 15". jit.qt.grab can't open the i sight i also tried it with macam and PS3 comera and it open it, but freezes on first frame before i had 10.9 on an macbook 13" from 2010, and none of these problems where there.
- Nov 06 2013 | 10:24 ami had to buy a new computer because of i big project i have to do in a month... but with no jit.qt.grab...
- Nov 06 2013 | 11:10 amHello! I have the same issue with new macbook pro 15" retina display. MaxMSP can't open isight (precisely it tells: COULD NOT CREATE VIDEO CHANNEL -9405 and ERROR OPENING DEVICE FOR GRAB). Also, when I tried with a ps3eye (external webcam, with the madam drive) it was "opening" it and freeze the image immediately.I install quicktime (7 pro and the default one) and java. Also, photoboot and quicktime and imovie apps can open the isight with no problem.
- Nov 06 2013 | 11:42 amgrab works! but just with 64 bits.
- Nov 06 2013 | 11:54 amconfirm, it only works with 64 bits... but I need to use the 32 one..
- Nov 06 2013 | 2:01 pmOn my, non-retina MacBook Pro [jit.qt.grab] works fine with Max 6.1.5 in 32 bit mode (in 64 bit mode too).( Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,3 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2,2 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 8 GB System: Maverics )
- Nov 06 2013 | 2:28 pmYeah I do not think is a maverics problem...my model specifics: MacBook Pro Retina 15", late 2013Model Identifier : MacBookPro11,3 Processor : 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 Graphic : NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB Cache L2 (per Core): 256 KB Cache L3: 6 MB Memory : 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Software OS X 10.9
- Nov 06 2013 | 2:33 pmya it worked too on my 2010 macbook 13" with 10.9 but not anymore with my new computer:MacBook Pro MacBookPro11,3 intel core i7 2.3 GHz processors n = 1 cores n = 4 cacheL2 = 256 kb cacheL3 = 6 MB memory = 16 gb OS 10.9
- Nov 06 2013 | 5:36 pmyay! gotta say, it seems mavericks manages resources quite a bit better than ML -fresh installed the other day, and after turning off the bells and whistles with onyx, i was pleasantly surprised.
- Nov 06 2013 | 6:12 pmSo I did some more tryings, here what I found out so far:kinect: jit.freenect with 32bits only camera works (means no depth map possible), same with 64bits (it is also very slow) (help file use 106% of CPU!) jit.openni with 32 bits works (camera, depth, skeleton) but it is very slow (help file use 106% of CPU!)synapse we do not have yet, we will try asapwebcams: isight just opens with 64bits, with 32 does not ps3eye webcam with 32bits opens but freeze immediately the image, with 64 bits does not read it (probably the madam driver is not supporting the 64)
- Nov 06 2013 | 7:24 pmi think there is a major problem with the new processor... made some comparisons between old and new macbook (both with 10.9) running example patch phys.multiple.mesh macbook 13" 2010 runs at 55 fps new macbook 15" runs at 26 fps
- Nov 06 2013 | 9:48 pmI still have the same problems with 6.1.5 on Maverick (MacPro 2009): - It crashes when I turn on the audio - It crashes if I use Mira.frame object
- Nov 06 2013 | 9:50 pmHi MBM,Please drop a note to support at cycling 74 dot com and we will help you sort this out there.-Ben
- Nov 06 2013 | 11:54 pmThank you very much, Ben, I´ve sent just a while ago.Best regards.
- Nov 07 2013 | 5:45 am(user error)
- Nov 07 2013 | 4:34 pmYes, exact same problem here, with Max 6.1.5 (32 bit), OSX 10.9 and a brand new retina 15" MBP - attempting to open a jit.qt.grab with the eyesight camera gives the errors:jit.qt.grab: could not create video channel -9405 jit.qt.grab: error opening device for grab.
- Nov 07 2013 | 7:01 pmHi, is this version fully compatible on an older 10.6.8 OSx? Is there also a new version for PC? I've got problems on a PC using a new motherboard with a UEFI Bios... best regards. italo
- Nov 08 2013 | 9:37 am@Joseph Hyde yes, still problem unsolved for me. Hope to get answers how to solve it because I try with Processing and there isight opens with no problem! It just does not work (as listed before from my tests) with MaxMSP and PureData
- Nov 13 2013 | 8:15 amnur 2 Fragen:ist endlich an die Möglichkeit der private messages gedacht worden, die normalerweise in jedem Forum zur Verfügung steht?wie lange müssen wir noch warten, bis endlich wieder die Realisierung von vst vsti ermöglicht wird?merci u. Gr.
- Nov 13 2013 | 11:22 amich würde nicht hoffen für vst/vsti (es ist möglich, um code zu exportieren mit gen~ und etwas zu tun mit das). Aber ich frage mich auch über der private messages ! (not so good german, sorry ;) )
- Nov 16 2013 | 3:25 pmIs there any way to downgrade to 6.1.4? Can't send OSC messages from Max to iPad/Lemur) Receiving works, but can't send :( (Right after the update)
- Nov 16 2013 | 9:15 pmI really don't understand why C74 makes it a matter of guessing, if that new download of 6.1.5. will serve as an updater to 6.1.2. - I'd recommend more clear stating of this to (new) registered users :D However, it works, and flawlessly :) Thank you!P.S.: OH and i second TST on his request to reenable VST Plugin export. Thank you again.
- Nov 22 2013 | 9:30 pmI just downloaded the latest version and I see many crashes and dysfunction with OSX 10.9 64 Bits. Example: with an application RokVid - the application does not detect the camera MacBookPro! + Many crashes (change screen resolution, etc) .... Thank you to react quickly to correct problems with the use OSX10.9.
- Nov 22 2013 | 10:02 pmThere are some known issues with jit.qt.grab and java with 10.9 Mavericks and Max. We hope to address these issues in the next update.-Ben
- Nov 28 2013 | 2:00 pmAs of Max 6.1.5 reported problem with pattrstorage ram issue is not solved. I'm second on this one. Please let me know if you have a ticket in your system concerning this problem, because other user on this forum reported it as a subject post.Briefly problem is in interpolating between presets, when you interpolate ram increasing and is not released after a while.I'm currently testing it with a test patch posted in the subject and experience this problem.
- Nov 29 2013 | 9:22 amHello Ruslan The problem is more serious if you think that even a simple preset change of pattrstorage causes a small RAM increase! This increase of RAM it s not so obvious as in the case of interpolation but if you have to deal with a big number of parameters and tweek presets continuously is noticable. (and ofcourse it depends from how long you run the patcher).Also Tobias notices in this post that this bug exists also on mac https://cycling74.com/forums/max-6-1-4-released/i would be very glad if at least could i know approximatelly when this bug will be solved as i have reported this issue before 5 monthsbelow i repost a more clear example
- Dec 04 2013 | 1:06 pmDownloaded the latest version, and now Max crashes every time I open a help file. Not so very handy, I must admit...
- Dec 05 2013 | 12:00 amI gave up on Max quite a while ago, but thought I'd download this latest version to see what's what...One oft-requested feature, that was given special mention in the promotion leading up to Max 6's first release, was improved resampling in [groove~]. This is still completely broken. I'm not impressed. 2 and a half years later and you still haven't delivered on your promises. People paid for this, damnit. MSP's bitwise operators are still broken, rendering much of my signal-domain logic completely unusable. These problems were reported long ago yet nothing has been done. Instead the focus is on selling rubbish new iPad apps for an all-new way to control a piece of broken software.Max 6.1.5 still crashes randomly when doing very basic things (duplicating patch cords, opening help files, turning audio on/off... the list goes on).Too many new features on top of an ancient code base (pd). Time for a complete rewrite. Until then, Max is just clinique on a pig.
- Dec 05 2013 | 12:24 amHi Chris,I can confirm that there are still some problems with groove~ resampling that we are aware of.I cannot see any problems with MSP bitwise operators in Max 6.1.5, can you elaborate?Also, if you have any specific ways to reproduce the crashing that you mentioned, we would be very interested in hearing about them.-Ben
- Dec 05 2013 | 12:32 amRe: Crashing... Are you serious? Over the years, across at least 5 computers, running Windows XP, Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit), and several different Mac OS's, I have experienced endless frustrating and unreproducible crashes with every version of Max since 5.How to make Max crash? Simple, really...Fire it up. Start patching. Maybe open a help patcher or two along the way. Sure enough, she'll crash sooner or later.
- Dec 05 2013 | 12:40 amI don't have any problems with the patch you posted, bitor~ is just putting out a 0 signal here.-Ben
- Dec 05 2013 | 12:56 amTested on OS 10.6.8 and Windows 7 x64 - bitor~ makes a hideous continuous distorted square-like tone at full blast. Nearly blew my monitors.
- Dec 05 2013 | 1:06 amHi Chris,Could you send a note to support with your system specs and Max's 'Support Information', which you can get by going to Max->About Max->Copy support information to clipboard?I've tried on both OSes and arches with no difference in behavior.Thanks, -Ben
- Dec 05 2013 | 1:38 amWill do. The problem randomly comes and goes, as well, but it affected two older machines of mine when v6 was new. Given that the noise is periodic, I suspect it's some sort of denormal-killing square injection code (which shouldn't belong in a bitwise operator like that anyway) that didn't get converted to 64 bit.
- Jan 29 2014 | 5:53 amI have some weird issues withI get errors : jit.qt.grab jit.qt.grab: doesn't understand "codecquality" jit.qt.grab: doesn't understand "getinput" print: vdevice 0 jit.qt.grab: doesn't understand "vmode" jit.qt.grab: doesn't understand "mode"But the camera is working. I can not get any settings. I am running Maverick on 2013 Retina 15"
- Aug 04 2014 | 7:53 pm"I get errors : jit.qt.grab jit.qt.grab: doesn’t understand "codecquality" jit.qt.grab: doesn’t understand "getinput" print: vdevice 0 jit.qt.grab: doesn’t understand "vmode" jit.qt.grab: doesn’t understand "mode""Having exactly the same problems here on OSX 10.9.4 and Max 6.1.7. Anyone found a resolution for this. Running OSX 10.9.4 and Max 6.1.7 without this problem
- Oct 29 2014 | 12:42 amHi Rossflight, Bareimage,Has anyone addressed your issue? Having the same issues on my end. Totally messed up over here...Please let me know.