Sending data from pure dara into Max
Mar 22 2019 | 3:04 pm
hello community! anyone know how to send data from pure dara into Max?
- yanikiMar 22 2019 | 3:16 pmDepends on the nature of your data and general context you can use protocols such as OSC (OpenSound Control), MIDI, Syphon (for realtime video sharing), Jack or similar solutions for audio streams.More possibilities exists, depends on your needs.Btw. there is a PureData version compiled as Max external.
- vab sMar 22 2019 | 3:20 pmjust numbers, floating points from 0 to 1
- yanikiMar 22 2019 | 3:23 pmOk, so OSC will be probably the simplest way to do that. Both Max and PD are able to send/receive basic OSC messages with build-in objects.On Max side check: [udpsend] and [udpreceive] objects and on Pd side [oscformat] and [oscparse].
- vab sMar 22 2019 | 3:34 pmooh now it's clear) thank you!
- OCHDec 05 2020 | 9:28 pm@Yaniki can you post an example?Unfortunately this is only way I've been able to make it work. Can't do it without the -b flag on pd side.
- yanikiDec 06 2020 | 12:18 pmHello OmarHere is a simple example. There are many advantages to using OSC formatted messages, including simple data routing.Good luck ;-)
- OCHDec 07 2020 | 3:00 amThanks Yaniki. The example from pd to max is very helpful. And so I realize you also have to always use the -b flag.Best