Forums > Jitter

Jitter and Windows 8 RTM issues

September 22, 2012 | 4:32 pm

I installed Windows 8 RTM and iTunes (which includes QuickTime). I then installed Max 6.0.7 and I’m trying to use it under "demo" mode before deciding whether to upgrade from Max 5 that I have.

To cut a long story short, any Jitter object I try to create in a new Patcher (or load from an existing file) generates errors in the Max window.

The following is the error for "jit.hello":

Quicktime not installed.
Jitter requires Quicktime to be installed to run.
Please download from and install.
jit.hello: out of memory

Then, for "jit.uldl":

jit.uldl: could not allocate object

September 24, 2012 | 4:38 am

Has anyone got Jitter working with any version of Windows 8?

November 24, 2012 | 11:37 pm

Yes I have and many others its working fine apart a small issue with the PACE which is described in that thread –

September 16, 2013 | 3:56 pm

I’ve looked at that thread and installed the latest Pace software, but still jitter doesn’t work on windows 8 pro. No playback on Max 6.1.3 64bit, and while it works on the 32bit version of Max, it crashes if you make a jit.window.

Any other suggestions to get this to work?

September 16, 2013 | 7:02 pm

mbmosher, you posted the same question on SIX different threads in a span of five minutes. It looks like you searched for threads with a similar subject and replied to them all with your problem. You might consider waiting after posting so that others have a chance to respond.

A quick search for " 64 bit" also brings up several threads as well as 6.1x documentation that specifically mentions that Quicktime is not available for windows users of 64 bit Max.

September 17, 2013 | 2:38 pm

Thanks for the clarification on the 64 bit version. You’ll notice I received no response on my post from July about this issue, hence the need to widen the net. Sorry if it upsets you. Deadlines don’t allow for a 2 month 0 response period this time.

Any info on the jit.window issue? Have people with windows 8 been able to successfully make a jit.window in the 32 bit version of Max?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums > Jitter