Windows standalone: jit.grab could not load viddll video engine


    Aug 02 2016 | 9:11 pm
    Greetings -
    Since 7.2.3, I am unable to compile my Windows standalone application with camera input. [jit.grab] is disabled and the console gives 2 errors: 'jit.grab: could not load viddll video engine' and 'jit.grab: could not allocate object'. I have checked to confirm that viddll is installed (it is), and everything else is configured correctly. I am running Windows 10 v1511, and have tried compiling with both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Max, as well as reinstalling Max.
    As a dummy test I tried compiling the jit.grab help file into an application, and get the same error.
    Anyone having the same issue or know how to correct it??

    • Aug 03 2016 | 8:47 am
      Hi, I had the same issue, update to 7.2.4 has resolved that problem ! mathieu
    • Aug 03 2016 | 12:14 pm
      Hmm, I had hoped 7.2.4 would resolve it but the issue persists for me. But, if it worked for you, maybe it is something with my install or setup. It's worth mentioning, I am compiling on Windows 10 running on a Boot Camp partition on a MacBook Pro. I don't have access to a true Windows machine at the moment, but in the past I have had no problems compiling with my setup.
    • Aug 03 2016 | 12:52 pm
      ok,
      So maybe you have to check your viddll version .
      On my side i found 2 differents versions of VIDDLL .
      1. Program Files (x86) / Cycling 74/ Max 7 / resources/ packages/VIDLL
      and an another
      2. Documents/Max 7/Packages/VIDDLL
      i deleted the older version too ...
    • Aug 03 2016 | 2:26 pm
      hi,
      i tried to make a standalone only with a "jit.grab @engine viddll" and i have the same issue :
      "jit.grab: could not load viddll video engine’ and ‘jit.grab: could not allocate object’"
      i tried to make a standalone with "jit.grab @engine viddll" and "jit.movie @engine viddll" in the same patch and it works ! No error messages ! Maybe the "jit.movie @engine viddll" help to initialize the viddll engine ...
      ;-) mathieu
    • Aug 03 2016 | 2:48 pm
      So I got it working, just by manually copying the VIDDLL package from the Max directory (Program Files/Cycling '74/resources/packages/VIDDLL) to the compiled standalone (~/resources/packages/VIDDLL). Once there it worked fine.
      However, based on this post, v 7.2.3 was supposed to have fixed it so VIDDLL is properly located and included in standalones:
      FIXED BUGS: • VIDDLL: properly found and used when included in standalone
      .
    • Aug 04 2016 | 2:46 pm
      hey guys, thanks for the testing and feedback.
      i'm aware of this issue and will work on sorting it out of the next update.