"Error 126 loading external jit.viddll.engine" in Windows Standalone (on some machines...)

Apr 29 2020 | 1:02 pm
    Hi,
    As I've gotten to fight a long time with this problem, and I've just figured out a solution, I write it here to help other people having a similar issue !
    PROBLEM : When I build standalones for Windows of some of my patches doing video processing, it happens that they work on some machines and not on others. Investigating this issue, I've discovered that there is a problem in Max Console saying "Error 126 loading external jit.viddll.engine" (and some other error 126 for other video externals) when I launch the standalone.
    In fact, the problem is that these externals (included in Max distribution) are developed on Visual Studio and rely on some DLL (but the error 126 doesn't give this explanation).
    SOLUTION : All you have to do is to add msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll in the same folder as your standalone.
    The attached DLL are working for Max 8.1 (64 bits version). With other versions of Max, you may have to use other versions of the DLL...
    Regards,
    Jérémie
    PS : it would be nice that Cycling74 developers find a way to include theses files automatically on standalone build.

• Jul 27 2020 | 4:18 pm
      PS: This is still an issue with Max 8.1.5
    • Jul 28 2020 | 4:06 pm
      thanks for the report. I thought we had this fixed in 8.1.5 but I'll take another look.
    • Oct 29 2020 | 8:48 pm
      Hey J Gaston, I'm having a similar issue. When you say "add msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll in the same folder as your standalone", do you mean the user of the application should do this, or I should do this when I'm compiling the standalone?
    • Feb 25 2021 | 8:32 pm
      Hey all, can confirm that this is still an issue on Max 8.1.10. On some Windows machine I'm receiving the errors: Error 126 loading external clang Error 126 loading external gl3 Following on the question by Martin: where should those libraries be placed in order for them to work? Thank you!
    • Feb 26 2021 | 5:57 pm
      I believe in the same folder as the standalone exe file