Alternative to jit.movie~ for Max Live
Jan 23 2022 | 7:47 pm
Is there an alternative object that does the same thing as Jit.movie~ and works with Ableton Max Live? or maybe a patch of some sort? Jit.movie~ only works with when max is used as a stand alone app.
- Jan 24 2022 | 3:29 pmHey, I've just tested jit.movie~ on an M4L audio instrument and it seems to work perfectly. What's the problem you are encountering?
- Jan 24 2022 | 4:08 pmIt just turns yellow? Plus I have access to Max instrument not audio instrument?
- Jan 24 2022 | 5:02 pmhi Tade it's possible you don't have viddll package installed, you can install it via the package manager
- Jan 24 2022 | 11:53 pmI have the latest Max 8.2.1 software so viddll comes with it
- Jan 25 2022 | 6:28 pmIf you are using the bundled version of Max, then Viddll is not included until you download it from the Package Manager, even if you have a standalone version of Max installed. Unless you tell Live to use the standalone version instead of the bundled version (Live Preferences -> File Folder -> Max Application -> Browse)
- Jan 26 2022 | 11:31 amthank you very much!!!
- Feb 15 2022 | 9:17 pmHey @ROB RAMIREZ, having the same issue here. I'm on a M1 Mac using Monterey 12.0.1The jit.movie~ object always turns yellow (or brown for that matter). If I break it (by giving it a typo) and putting it back, it works. Double checked and I'm using the full Max version 8.2.2 and my AL shows I'm not using the bundled version (just in case).The video below shows the issue. Once it is fixed the object keeps working until I close Max and open it again.
- Feb 15 2022 | 9:27 pm
- Feb 16 2022 | 12:45 pmCheck that you aren't using the bundled version of Max and that you are using the updated one. Refer to @ROB RAMIREZ's post
- Feb 16 2022 | 1:26 pmthanks Tade! I did, still no good
- Feb 17 2022 | 8:14 pm