Compositor Software official claim to the Cycling ‘74 company
Aug 16 2015 | 9:37 am
While working on the project to perform a final Max for Live product under license circumstances you are infringed my verbal and written license by exposing a code to a third party. I refer to an ability to edit Gen~ patcher without even unfreezing a device inside Ableton Live 9 with Max 7. Even though I am unaware, I am completely confident that an ability to switch mode from presentation to edit is also programmed in your working routine without device unfreezing inside the Ableton Live 9 instrument area.
On the image below you can see a Gen~ patcher window opened right from the Ableton Live 9 without opening a Max itself, which you can edit and after closing it, it saves even with Max for Live license. Afterwards, it infringes the license found here and makes my business incomplete.
I am aware that every license should notice the public document, which states the changes performed. By no means had you stated such change that Gen~ patcher would be available for edit even in read mode after the version of Max 6.1.10.
Even though I find it useful, I have no mercy for the changes like this. Otherwise, you should release Max 6.1.11 with the changes provided and a documentation with sufficient explanation of such functionality.
- dtrAug 16 2015 | 12:38 pmOk. So apparently you're pissed off about a change in editability of Gen~ patchers in M4L. That's legitimate and something that can be debated.Now, what the hell are you trying to achieve with this pseudo-legal talk here? Firstly, it makes your issue harder to understand and secondly, renders the whole thing borderline ridiculous. If you re going to make 'official claims' to C74 than better do it by post to their office address or company email, not on a public forum where you have no guarantee that it will be read. And you might wanna have a lawyer look at your claim text, if you 're at all serious about it.
- ArabrabAug 16 2015 | 11:41 pmLOL More Pretentious verbiage and pseudo scientific ... You do not need a lawyer, you need other type of professional.
- luvulongtimeAug 17 2015 | 7:33 amSpeechless but very intrigued...
- Stephane MorisseAug 17 2015 | 9:26 amYou should have a look at his mumbo jumbo on the ableton forum. This is pure Ruslan style...
- ThinksamuelAug 17 2015 | 10:27 am@Ruslan: I opened the gen editing window and had a look at the code. Am I liable for damages now?
- dtrAug 17 2015 | 10:35 am> I think his lawyer goes by the name of ‘Google Translate’ (LLP) ;Dlol
- ArabrabAug 17 2015 | 11:24 amI'm doing an arpeggiator vocoder-enigma, for submarine crews, using a revolutionary new technology "cyanosis" (patent pending, patent pending, patent pending etc) , If someone in this forum soon showed, a sudden interest in development for the industry "military or naval", must deal with my lawyers and probably my Chancellor.So everyone, this warned, avoid trouble, all learn from the past.
- RuslanAug 18 2015 | 11:12 am@Thinksamuel: "I opened the gen editing window and had a look at the code. Am I liable for damages now?"2. CopyrightMax for Live device internal structure is a copyright property of Ruslan Yusipov and is under copyright law applied to written software in Russian Federation. It is prohibited to open Max for Live device for editing even in a case of an error. For any problems in operation, you should contact Ruslan Yusipov using the contacts provided. If you pressed Max for Live device edit button by the fault behavior and disoperation of HID YOU MUST CLOSE THE EDIT WINDOW IMMEDIATELY. IN CASE YOU WILL DECIDE TO BREACH THIS AND DO THE EXPORTCODE COMMAND OF GEN PATCHER OR COPY (BY COPY COMMAND PRESSING CTRL+C/CMD+C WINDOWS/MAC AND THEN PASTING BY PRESSING CTRL+V, SHIFT+INSERT/CMD+V WINDOWS/MAC IN TEXT INPUT PROGRAM/DEVICE OR REWRITE BY HAND) GENEXPR CODE FROM CODEBOX YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY BREAK THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION COPYRIGHT LAW STATED BY CIVIL CODE 1235;
- daddymaxAug 18 2015 | 12:35 pmIs this that same software that does, err.. time-travel?
- sepulckyAug 18 2015 | 12:57 pm@Daddymax, yes, the quantum stuff thingie.@Ruslan, by no means C74 is responsible for your problems:7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Licensee makes no warranties of any kind with respect to any effect that use of Software may have on third party software or applications with which Software is used. Licensee expressly acknowledges and agrees that the use of the Software and its documentation is at Licensee's sole risk. The Software, documentation, and technical support are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, CYCLING74 AND CYCLING74'S LICENSOR(S) (FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 5 AND 6, CYCLING74 AND CYCLING74'S LICENSOR(S) SHALL BE COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS CYCLING74) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. CYCLING74 DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET LICENSEE'S REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR- FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, CYCLING74 DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR ITS DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY CYCLING74 OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY.
- ThinksamuelAug 18 2015 | 2:42 pm@Ruslan: so what do I have to do now? Can I use Compositor to travel back in time and make my sin undone?
- AndroAug 18 2015 | 3:12 pmThis made my day, seriously :D
- ArabrabAug 18 2015 | 3:14 pm@Ruslancalm , if you still have not forgotten the existence of the software means that has not yet been stolen.
- yanikiAug 18 2015 | 4:10 pm@Ruslan: I really can't understand fully your licencing model, doubts and expectations. But technically, you can use "exportcode" feature, and to build AU or VST plugin on top of your project - licensing AU or VST is much more simple, especially if you afraid decompilation (what is possible, but required more effort and knowledge).
- RuslanAug 19 2015 | 7:32 am@Barbara: You mean the Google's "Right to be Forgotten"?Thinksamuel: No, you can't. The only way to use the software is to respect it's author.The Compositor v5.0 on the image will not be shared in result of this circumstances. It is a final project in advanced Gen~ programming. I would believe however that the growth of community will not result in a growing demand on a free-sharing products as the author needs to eat, have food and goods to sustain his life.
- ThinksamuelAug 19 2015 | 7:43 amYou should respect your prospective users. That means not writing pseudo-scientific language that tells nothing about the musical potential of the software. The following comes from your post on the ableton forum: "AI-RT1024 virtual machine can facilitate your live performance by adding an artificially produced sequence in accordance to your performance. It uses stochastics and deterministic approaches at once to reach this goal. It selects tonality, permutates and switches instrumentation in real-time. It can free up your hands or you can play a virtual machines orchestra on stage without human interaction at all."That description says something musical, albeit still vague but could be a starting point. Talking about time travel and submarines is not interesting in the context of MaxMSP.
- ArabrabAug 19 2015 | 12:29 pminfomercial, newage healt tecnology, ads in a pulp magazine I understand , here is an electronic cultural barrier @Ruslan !!! What you do is a kind of postmodern art, where part of the artistic work is a " aparatus " described in a pseudoscientific jargon ?
- davidestevensAug 19 2015 | 1:29 pmArtistic chaos? Personally, I'm still in love with netachka nezvanova.
- Roman ThileniusAug 19 2015 | 11:10 pm"YOU MUST CLOSE THE EDIT WINDOW IMMEDIATELY" ... heeheehee 8Pmaybe someone should explain ruslan that the issue he has only appears when you are using a cracked copy of maxmsp for winblows?
- sepulckyAug 19 2015 | 11:29 pm[deleted]
- RuslanAug 21 2015 | 7:44 amAs a result of my Communication with Ableton AG and no such legal status for Max for Live device as software other than project keeping tool, I made a decision to leave Max for Live platform sharing and build my own standalone software using my compiled libraries exported from a Gen~ patchers. Notheless, it doesn't require from all of you who downloaded the Compositor Max for Live AI-RT1024 software to leave the license agreement mentioned.
- S4racenAug 21 2015 | 8:34 amYou need to look into Creative Commons licenses, your above statement holds no water in a court of law...Cheers D
- ThinksamuelAug 21 2015 | 9:22 amBut that still does not explain what Compositor is and what it can do: whether on Max or as a Standalone product, Compositor is anti-software at this moment. If this is supposed to be an artistic project where pseudo-scientific language is a proponent of it, than it has had no impact besides laughter and dismay about.
- ArabrabAug 21 2015 | 11:28 am@Ruslan That will put in place Epistemologists .. no , sorry , I mean pirates ( pirates literally).
- AudioMattAug 21 2015 | 12:21 pmNot sure what's going on but I think it's time fore the token reminder that this would never happen in solidworks, that until I get my way I'll be revealing the source code of all your max applications one by one. (by unzipping them)-Zolt of lighting
- Roman ThileniusAug 22 2015 | 2:45 ambelieve it or not, that was what i was thinking, too: he will probably move to the sol(i)d works platform, where, as everyone knows, everything is better. ;)btw, i hardly think hiding the source code will make a big difference. you can HEAR that this innovative übersoftware mostly makes use of cycle and overdrive.-110
- djlbeAug 22 2015 | 8:38 pmbut it doesn't really explain why he is doing :wg1d1 = 15.; wg1d2 = 8.; k1 = (wg1d1 - wg1d2) / (wg1d1+wg1d2); wg2d1 = 15. ; wg2d2 = 8. ; k2 = (wg2d1 - wg2d2) / (wg2d1+wg1d2); wg3d1 = 15. ; wg3d2 = 8. ; k3 = (wg3d1 - wg3d2) / (wg3d1 + wg3d2);instead of k1 = k2 = k3 = 7/23;Any idea ? This is because his code is too quick ? he needs to slow it by doing useless operations?
- Roman ThileniusAug 22 2015 | 9:29 pmgood find - this could be the starting point how to decode the propaganda as well.maybe the propaganda follows the same scheme; it is all actually true/right, just made extremly complicated in order to make a good conundrum.-110
- ArabrabAug 23 2015 | 12:50 am//Start Quantic process Higgs = dcblock(cycle(noise()));
- jonahAug 23 2015 | 2:17 amI like that the license agreement tells you how to break it...that alone makes me want to buy whatever it is.you could try filing a patent. I think microsoft owns algorithmic composition though. lolps NN made a decent case against open source.
- RuslanAug 23 2015 | 4:58 pmDJLBE: If you are reffering to a piece of code without knowing the purpose of it you may think this way, but in a context of my software those parameters can't be written as k' equals. The diameter of waveguides must be set explicitly for backward compatibility with earlier versions. Besides the closed platform named MDL12 is the same Compositor but with enhancements of version up to 5.0. Here I don't need to set parameters of diameters, but have them set to explicitly needed values. However, if I encounter that I need to set diameters separately in future revisions, I can easily set them with this variables turned back to parameters again.
- Roman ThileniusAug 23 2015 | 10:56 pmso guys, as it seems, k1 == 7/23 and k2 == 7/23, too. but k1 != k2.this is because the basic fractal reactor of the MV-16X rocket engine (as seen on bloomberg TV) has no link to the unfreeze function in ableton live (THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY)
- ArabrabAug 24 2015 | 12:22 amIts a "a wizard did it", "it goes to eleven" or "Peter Popoff "case..."licence for shame or for scam... "//Dont crack 'm naked ...